Thread: Wolf Hunt

Default Wolf Hunt

I am planing to do a wolf hunt and have looked at Petersville as an option,(16 A) Does anyone have any info on the area or any other suggestions? I will be on foot and and plan on camping for a night as well. Thanks for any information.
    Merry Christmas.

others more kfamiliar with that area than me may have a good direction to head with a chance of success however there are so many snowmachines running that area I can't imagine it providing a very good hunting opportunity.

Thanks, I have only been up here for a year and have not had much of an opportunity to do as much as I initially hoped for. I am finally able to get out there! I am in Wasilla now, and am willing to travel a few hours. This is a great site. Thanks again for the advice.

if you go to one 2 significant figures I'd bet the wolf density there is 0.0/mi^2
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Quote Originally Posted by ak_powder_monkey View Post
    if you go to one 2 significant figures I'd bet the wolf density there is 0.0/mi^2
    Your wolf density figures mean absolutly nothing. They travel hundreds of miles in short periods of time. It's all about being anywhere in alaska at the right time to kill one. You've never been in anyplace at the right time or you would know this.

Default Suggestions

I have been going up to Petersville for several years now and have never run across any tracks. However a decent place to look would be on the Little Peters hills overlooking the Kahiltna river. Another good place would be along the Intertie near the Igloo. I have seen a couple wolves in that area. Of course like DWS said they travel so fastly and over a vast area but with a snowmachine you can cover that area even faster. Good luck!!!

How about around Ft. Richardson. Plenty of sightings/attacks around there.

There is areason those wolves are there in numbers to cause them to act the way they are. 14C is a pain to hunt. to many rules.

Anyone know of a quality outfitter with a high success rate on wolves?

thanks.

thanks , email sent.

Thumbs down Rude and unprofessional

*edited*

Does anyone else know of a professional outfitter with a good success rate on wolf hunts?

Many Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by Brian M; 12-31-2007 at 22:17. Reason: referenced deleted post