Thread: B&C Grizz Hunt

Default B&C Grizz Hunt

Finally figuring out how to get some of the hunts my brother and I have on MiniDV on the computer. Forgive me for the poor quality of the video. The camera was new and I had a gun in the other hand. This hunt happend in 2001. My bro was 15 and I was 17. Skull measued 26 10/16. We were bored after school and decided to try and call in some moose and got this bear instead. My bro can tell you all the details if interested (hunt_ak).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4HfhF4Rv5Q

Default Great post guys

What a hog of a bear.... Thanks for the Video..
    Bigmnt

great video and great bear. Im sure at that younger age it was a rush. Then again I shot my first moose at 15 and now at 42 that rush is still there. Great Job guys and thanks for sharing
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Default too much fun

Thanks for sharing that. Some of the best video footage out here is your own raw footage that helps you relive great memories. I loved it.
    Everything that lives and moves will be food for you.
    Genesis 9:3

Someone needs to practice with the focus knob........haha. Bear, gun, excitement, and camera. Probably hard to work the cam under those circumstances.
    So was 26 and 10/16th a green score? Who measured it? Did you ever have it officially scored and entered?
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Default Little more about it

It was scored and its in B&C records. 26 10/16 was what it officially scores as. It was a 30-06 with some 180s core lokts. Yeah I did a horrible job videoing but I only had one had to work with cause I wasn't about to put the gun down. Although I guess I was a little mean at the end when he went to poke the bear with his gun.

I think it was Carl Brent that measured it not sure though. Have to wait until 6 pm when my bro logs on.

I have to say i laughed pretty hard when you growled and your bro jumped. I dont think i would have handled it quite as nice and kind as he did. Im sure there would have been some major dubbing of the "words" I would have used to show the pleasure I was feeling after that. Considering the situation you were in I think the Video is great and again thanks for sharing and Loved the Boo hun on the archery forum too
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Thumbs up

great bear, you will hunt for a long time and not see another one like it.

Default Nice Video Boys.

Hey good job on the video. Lanche you need to send me the video of my moose last year!!! Makes me want to go this fall so badly!!!

Great job and congratulations to both of you. You will remember the feelings and events every time you look at the rug or movie. Merry Christmas to your all. J.

Thats a nice looking bear. Glad to see you two had such a successful hunt!

So do you have the rug displayed somewhere ak_hunt?

Default Grizzly

Quite a bear. I remember reading about the story in the 25th Big Game Awards Book. Cantwell area?
    The bear is not just a nice grizzly. As of the 12th edition of Boone and Crockett Clubs Records of North American Big Game this bear is recognized as tied with three other bears for number 11 all time.
    That is an incredible bear. One of the finest trophies ever to make it's way on to this forum. Video content is a bit rough. Are there any photos available of the bear after you guys killed it?
    Gotta have them photos in the field. Long after the meat is gone and sometimes the memories too you will still have the photos. Or video.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzlykiller View Post
    Quite a bear. I remember reading about the story in the 25th Big Game Awards Book. Cantwell area?
    The bear is not just a nice grizzly. As of the 12th edition of Boone and Crockett Clubs Records of North American Big Game this bear is recognized as tied with three other bears for number 11 all time.
    That is an incredible bear. One of the finest trophies ever to make it's way on to this forum. Video content is a bit rough. Are there any photos available of the bear after you guys killed it?
    Gotta have them photos in the field. Long after the meat is gone and sometimes the memories too you will still have the photos. Or video.

Thanks Grizzlykiller. Yeah thats the one in Cantwell. I believe my bro's got some pics, not stellar exactly but he's got some. Shoulda done a better job of the pics, but we really didn't realize it was an execetional bear at the time, being that neither of us had killed any bear at all at the point, we just thought they all were that big.

Default Thanks!

Great stuff! Thanks for sharing it with us. Reminds me of some of the tapes I have, but have never done anything with...

Great way to pass the winter, looking at this stuff. Do you have any more?

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Default Great

That is one nice bear. Thanks for sharing the video with us. That is what I'm hoping for this sept. Planning my second Alaskan hunt and I'm hooked. I think that your only problem is where do you go from there?