Thread: 1911 rimfire conversion kit

Default 1911 rimfire conversion kit

Anybody have one of these? I am currently interested in the Kimber 22 kit for my Kimber custom II. Seems like a neat deal... and I love the pistol so I'd like to get even more use out of it. I don't think i'd like shooting birds with 45 acp... kinda loud and maybe a little messy.

So what do you think?

I had one for a few years. The name of the brand escapes me but Brownells sold it. It might of been made by a company called Cliner, or something like that. Slide included really nice adjustable sights and it did not require any fitting to my Kimber.
    I was surprised how accurate it was. The only negative was you had to clean the pistol on a regular basis, something on the order of every 100 rounds. Reason being is the 22 ammo is dirty and the pistol would start to jam.
    When it was clean it worked flawlessly.
    Tennessee

Default 1911 .22 Conversions

I've been shooting a Colt Ace conversion on my Gold Cup for years. It's a lot of fun as you get some recoil and the feel of a full sized gun. Accuracy is acceptable, I've never tried to see how good it is but I didn't buy the conversion to shoot in matches.

Downside is the need -as pointed out previously - to clean the gun periodically. Frequent cleaning is must on about any good .22 semi-auto pistol however. The Colt Ace conversions have the floating Williams chamber so you have to clean that area out also.

Last time I checked these kits are around $300 or more used but you do get the Colt quality and they have proven to be a good investment. Like the S&W Mdl 41 vs. the Ruger .22s target models you usually get what you pay for in terms of quality of manufacturing i.e. forged and machined vs. stamped or cast.

I've got a Kimber conversion for my Springfield Armory mil spec. I enjoy it and my 12 year old Really enjoys it. We can go through several boxes when we go out with it.

It does run better clean. I need to shoot it more before I would be able to hit a ptarmigeon in the head. Get extra mags.

I have owned just about every 1911 .22 conversion and the best, by far, is the Marvel #1 conversion. The Marvels are extremely accurate and reliable. Both of my #1s will group tighter than any .22 target pistol that I have fired, including three different S&W 41s. To my knowledge, no other conversion comes close to the Marvel's accuracy.

+1 on the Marvel. Shoots great.
    Very accurate, and unlike my M41, digests most ammo.
    I had some magazine seating probs, factory made good. Uses copy of the Colt ACE 22 Magazine.

I had a Colt conversion. Got rid of it. I had to clean it after every 50 rds.

Default Marvel

No doubt Marvel. Scarily accurate.