Thread: Hod. Hybrid 100V Powder

Question Hod. Hybrid 100V Powder

Has anyone seen or used Hodg....new powder Hybrid 100V seems a excellent powder for the 338 Win?

Hodgdon introduces the Hybrid 100V, combining the chemistry of a spherical powder with the geometry of an extruded propellant. Ideal for use in calibers that fit H4350, the Hybrid 100V delivers in a variety of popular cartridges, such as 3,310fps for a 150-grain bullet in the 300 Weatherby Magnum. Available in 1- and 8-pound containers
    Alaska

Hey BushMan, I started a post on this a few days ago, check it out here... http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ad.php?t=22553
    Basically I just posted the press release from Hodgdon, but it said the new hybrid powder is scheduled for release in the spring of 08. It would be interesting to hear if anybody has receied any for testing and what their results were.

What I'm curious about is how they're getting more velocity without increasing the pressure levels? I assume it has to do with the manner in which the powder burns. Maybe a two stage burn??? Anybody have any ideas? Murphy?

Thumbs up Powder

I beleve this is the secret powder Hornady and Fed have been using in their Heavy Mag factory loads......
    Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by alaska bush man View Post
    I beleve this is the secret powder Hornady and Fed have been using in their Heavy Mag factory loads......
    I was thinking the same thing, although I also suspected they were using one of the Vihta Vouri N-500 series too.
    Now what ?

Thumbs down Ron Paul

Has some good points....but his pockets are too empty!