Thread: Question about Photoshop Elements 6

Default Question about Photoshop Elements 6

Does anyone know if it supports HDR?

Looking to try doing some HDR Images...

I don't think it has a dedicated HDR feature like Photoshop does. I could be wrong, but I haven't read that it does.

However, any image editor that does layers (PSE6 does layers) can be made to do it with a little handwork. In fact, I don't often like the results of PS-CS3's HDR feature, so I prefer to do layers with masks, and the eraser tool. I'm certainly not a PS guru though, so probably others know how to make HDR work better than me.

Default No..

I know this because I am researching the subject myself. Reading some HDR books and magazine articles just the last day or two, I found out that Photomatrix is the ticket for making HDR's. You buy it for $99 and it is a stand alone HDR program. You make the HDR there and then open it in Photoshop Elements 6.0 (or the editor of your choice) and that is it. It is said to be very user friendly compared to other programs and works very well. A great book to pick up is ... "Complete Guide to High Dynamic Range Digital Photography" by Ferrell McCollough. Tons of info in there. I got mine from Barnes and Noble. Lots of info on this site too, www.photocamel.com (there is a whole forum for HDR photography).
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

PhotoMatix standard version costs $39.00, and the Pro version costs around $90.00.