Thread: Happy Holidays everyone...

Thumbs up Happy Holidays everyone...

Like many of you I've been a member of this forum for quite a while...dating back to the old format days when the Shooting Forum started as a spin-off of the Hunting Forum with a brand new moderator...Murphy.

For me this forum is like a campfire at hunting camp. I often stand around it while drinking my first cup of coffee in the morning, and I sometimes do a warm-up before crawling into my tent at night.

There are many, many good and respectful people around this campfire, and I enjoy your company. I've learned alot from many of you, and I greatly value our common firearm interests. There are times when one of us may over build the fire, causing a chain reaction from others...and sometimes the fire gets pretty dim when we are spending extra long days in the field putting fish and game in our freezers and don't have time to sit by the fire...but the camp fire has never gone out...especially when we need it (like now, during the long nights of our Alaskan winters).

Anyway...I'm getting too long winded...a sincere Happy Holiday wish to everyone around this campfire, and best wishes for the New Year. I hope you are all dry and warm, where ever you happen to be right now.

Doc

P.S. If you find an uncoated, breakdown, all steel cleaning rod in your stocking this Christmas, it doesn't mean that your wife is trying to ruin the bores of your valuable firearms...just thank her and never use it.

Merry Christmas and happy New Year to all.

Likewise, I have enjoyed reading ODD since sometime in 2002 (where's time go?). Have kept up with the hunting forum and its offshoot the shooting forum and now handloading forum, whenever I'm able. Frequently out of the Net and unable to check-in for considerable periods of time, but whenever I return, it is just like getting back to the warmth and comfort of shelter. I also appreciate the civil discourse and exchange of information, and enjoy the sharing of the wealth of knowledge and experience. A special thanks to Mr. Johnson and Mr. Murphy for making this possible. Just recently found time to participate myself, hope to continue to do so. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all, May God Bless you and your families. Good shooting and tight shot groups.

"AND YE SHALL KNOW THE TRUTH AND THE TRUTH SHALL MAKE YOU FREE."

JOHN VIII - XXXII