Thread: Welcome Backwoods Home Magazine

Thumbs up Welcome Backwoods Home Magazine

Please welcome with me the staff of Backwoods Home Magazine now sponsors of this Alaska Cabins and Remote Living forum. Oliver, webmaster for the magazine's website, took the time a little while ago to introduce himself in our Introductions forum. He wrote that in addition to himself, editor and publisher Dave Duffy and office manager Lisa would join in from time to time with the userid BHMStaff.

When we first talked with Oliver, I went to the BHM website thinking I would just scan it. That idea went out the window quickly when I got engrossed in an article about a couple that uses micro hydro to completely power their off-grid home. It brought back pleasant memories from when Linda and I lived off the grid for a time.

I am pleased to have you with us. Backwoods Home is a great fit as a sponsor for this forum!

David

Default Welcome

Welcome! I have already read many of the back issues on mini-hydro systems. I need one and have the river for it. If I could only run the car on a mini-hydro I would be all set.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Mark

I was a subscriber to Backwoods Home Magazine for years. Dave Duffy and staff are great folks.

Are they moving to Alaska from Oregon?

Yessiree, that mag does take you back in a good kinda way. I love it! It's great to have them onboard!

Default Thanks

Thanks, Dave, and everyone else.

The BHM website has lots of articles online that relate directly to remote and off-grid living. I'll post links to some in threads when I think they might be useful.

If anyone has any questions about the magazine or website, please let me know.

Thanks!

Oliver

Previously, I said my Welcomes in your Introduction post.
    I just wanted to say it again... and I want you to know that your website is impressive.
    Lurker.