Thread: kings in ship creek

Default kings in ship creek

are they there yet? anybody hear anything

Default Ship Creek Kings

No confirmed sightings or catches yet, I believe someone will catch one this weekend. I have walked the creek at low and high tide for the past couple of days. Nothing

I am guessing another week and the tides will show decent returns. My personal favorite is down past the culverts. Prepare to hike is waste deep mud though. One year the guy that won the king salmon derby caught his fish across the creek from me. He broke his rod and dove for the fish on the creek bank. It was kind of funny watching him dive face first into ship creek muck. What a story he left with.

Unhappy nothing?

I went down at hight tide over the weekend, and didn't see anything. Has anyone heard/seen anything at either ship or the tailrace? Thanks.

Default Tailrace

I went there Sunday afternoon. There were only 3 or 4 cars there and no one fishing. The water is still very low and I did not see any rollers. The old dude who asks everyone he sees if they know how to set his watch was there already, though.

Default too early yet?

I fished ship creek yesterday afternoon after the tide went out from where the cable was to the rail road bridge. I did not get any hits nor did I see anything.

Default Ship Creek Kings

Has anyone caught anything down at ship creek this week. I was down there two days ago and haven't heard of anyone catching a king yet.

Unhappy

I haven't even heard a rumor that anything has been caught.

I've put in around 12 hours down there this year. Haven't seen hide nor hair, scale nor fin of a King, nor have I talked to any fishermen who has.

Thumbs down Ship Creek

I have had about the same luck. I think I might be heading to the Kasilof this weekend. A lot better chance for a king there. Probably around Crooked Creek.

I'm guessing that this weekend someone will finally hook-up with a king and haul it onto the muddy banks of Ship Creek. That is unless someone catches one today. Perfect weather for getting out and putting the hurt on a fresh chromer. Unfortunately, I'm stuck at home dreaming about salmon while working in the yard. Hope to wet a line soon.

Talking That makes two of us!

Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat
    I'm guessing that this weekend someone will finally hook-up with a king and haul it onto the muddy banks of Ship Creek. That is unless someone catches one today. Perfect weather for getting out and putting the hurt on a fresh chromer. Unfortunately, I'm stuck at home dreaming about salmon while working in the yard. Hope to wet a line soon.
    "Working in the yard" That's a good one. I tell her that too, when she's out shopping and I'm slaving away here on the forum... er... working in the yard. Uh...

I'm glad I'm not the only one that can rake and type at the same time! :-))

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Default Ship creek

Locals I need some advice,

Most of you have probably heard about the wheelchair games coming to town in Anchorage, I will be coming with them. Having worked with these guys and gals for many years and them being familiar with my love and addiction for Alaska they are coming to me for advice on fishing around town. Traveling out of town is not an option as suitable transportation is few and far between.

Do you think areas around ship creek this year might be suitable to get a wheelchair into for fishing?

Is their a place around the area where I could help them secure use of the necessary gear, preferably rental equipment.

Thanks guys and gals

Doug

Default Ship creek access/ equipmnet rental

Doug, I sent you a private message.

Default Ship creek

Thanks Dan got it and replied

Doug

Doug

There is a handicap/wheelchair access area at Ship Creek behind the hotel. Problem is, unless the creek channel flows by it, the fishability of it is questionable. This year, the main channel is currently flowing by this access point too far to be fishable. The good news, of course, when the tide is in, it is as good a place to soak eggs or herring under a bobber, or flip & retrieve a spinner/spoon as any. I've seen a lot of kings caught in that area.

I know there is a place on the other side of the creek right near the Bridge Restaurant that rents equipment. It's not high quality stuff, and pretty beat up, but it might be good enough. Another thing you could do is start shopping garage sales for tackle. If you know what you are looking for, and shop hard, you can pick up some decent gear for very little $$$.

Just my .02.

Default Re

Sketch,

Unfortunately I will have no time for shopping etc as I will be arriving around 3 days before the Veterans show up for the wheelchair games. I am going to have to rely on the fishermen renting gear etc.

My problem is that their will be roughly 600 wheelchair Veterans coming to the games and not all will want to fish but of course many will and I want to do what I can to at least give some of them the opportunity, it may be their only chance to ever visit Alaska.

Thanks for the tips,

Doug