Thread: holster for S&W .22A-1 w/scope

Default holster for S&W .22A-1 w/scope

I have a S&W 22A-1 semi-auto pistol. I put a small aim point style scope on it and now I can't find a holster to fit it. It's really accurate and a blast to shoot but hard to carry now. Any suggestions? I've been to sportmans, and several other gun shops but no luck yet.
    Thanks,

Default Holsters

I have a new Sig Mosquito with a red dot; same problem. Then I ran into Steve the owner of Black Elk Leather the other day. He told me to stop by and he'd give me some numbers for some good leather workers that will make whatever I want/need. Haven't had time yet but will get there asap. I'm sure he'd help anyway he can. Stop by.

Default Still need holster help.

Does anybody have any contact information for someone that can make a holster?

Call Black Elk Leather in Anch. or stop by their shop.

Do a Google for Quiet Hide holsters. The owner is an advertiser on Specialty Pistols. He can make a custom holster out of cordura with a really finish-protective lining for less than $100.00. He normally makes cross-chest holsters for T/C Encores and Rem XP100's, but I be willing to bet he'll make whatever you want.

Default Custom holsters

Try Diamond 'D' custom leather. We make custom holsters right here in Chugiak. Shop #(907)688-0366

What did you finally decide on? I have a SW 22A and recently put on a large red-dot scope by A1 Optics. The gun used to fit in an Uncle Mike's Size 9 but so far I haven't altered that yet...

Quote Originally Posted by frankofthenorth View Post
    What did you finally decide on? I have a SW 22A and recently put on a large red-dot scope by A1 Optics. The gun used to fit in an Uncle Mike's Size 9 but so far I haven't altered that yet...
    Mine fit perfectly in the trash can!

OK, not really but it does live in it's little blow molded case the vast majority of the time. the last time out it ran about 100 rounds through without jamming so maybe it learned it's lesson. First 300 out the darn thing gave me fits, failed to feed, failed to fire, failed to eject on just about every shot!

Default Uncle Mikes

I was unable to find a good holster myself, so I test fitted different sizes to see which had clearance for my scope. I found the Uncle Mikes Open Top Kydex Holster size 21- 5421-1 worked the best for production holsters. It does not snap into place and would not work for CCW, but who carries a S&W 22a with a scope anyways. Just a thought, works for me at the range and for action shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by bnkwnto View Post
    Does anybody have any contact information for someone that can make a holster?
    Don't have the info you would like but, try Graybeards Outdoor Forums? There is a guy who will make a holster for about anything there.
    HTH, Steve

Sportsman guide has a couple of holsters for scoped 22's that could work.