Thread: Vet in Wasilla/Palmer

Default Vet in Wasilla/Palmer

I've got a 10 month old clf that I've taken to vets in Anchorage where I work, but I live in Settler's Bay and need to find a good vet that I'm comfortable with in the valley. The vets I've seen in Anchorage haven't impressed me, young and don't seem to understand hunting is important and hunting dogs are essential. I can live with the youth issue, but I'd like to have a vet who appreciates hunting and these dogs. I've a new pup (blm) coming when they lift the airline embargo from the holidays and will need to take him in for a check and chipping. Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Mark

We've had good luck with Palmer Veterinary Clinic on the Glenn Hwy near the fairgrounds. We like them better than Wasilla Vet.

We also have livestock like sheep/goats. Palmer Vet appeared better set up for us.

Over the last 17 years I've used both vets. I was impressed with both, but we have stuck with Wasilla vet. I don't think you would go wrong with either.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Default All Creatures

Has been great for me for over 15 years, caring, knowledable staf and vets.
    2003 220 Hewescraft Sea Runner 115 Yam'y, Soft Top "Schmidt Happens"

Thumbs up Vet

If you do not mind coming to Palmer talk to the folks at Palmer Vet Clinic. They have seen our labs for over 23 years now. They have been very helpful and understanding with the care of our'kids'.
    Great people.
    Good luck on your new pup.

Thumbs up Good Vet clinic

All creatures on the Pal/Was Hwy.

Default Good Vet

I have used All Creatures on the Palmer Wasilla Highway since we moved up here. they have performed surgey on three different dogs and i have been very impressed. they have even called, more than once, to check on them after i brought them home. all the dogs i have are hunting dogs so no problem there either.

Default vets

Ron Williams at Palmer vet has been incredible for me...he has hunting dogs and he saved my weimaraners life when another vet was willing to wait 3 days to "see how he does"

Default Do not go to North Star in Palmer

Our dog was hit by a car and was in shock by the time we arrived there. While I was holding my dog in my arms, when we arrived I really believed he was not going to make it. While he was unable to control his bowel movements I was covered in feces. They would not look at him until they were sure they were going to get paid, and on top of it while I was holding my "dying" dog they were trying to convince me to get him a microchip. Very rude people. BAD EXPERIENCE!

Thumbs up Big Lake Vet

I won't take my dog's to anyone but Big Lake Vet. The one on the Glenn in Palmer I wouldn't trust with my animals as far as I could throw them.
    I refuse to tiptoe through life, only to arrive safely at death.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

Thomas Jefferson

Big Lake Vet was highly recommended to me and for good reason. I can't imagine a better place to take my dogs. When my Sweetie had to put down her little buddy the folks at Big Lake Vet helped immensely to ease the pain.
    Natural Selection begins with you!

Default My favorite

We have taken our labs and our daughters rotty’s to Wasilla Vet for 8 years and have been very happy. They care about our extended tail wagging family and their prices are reasonable unlike some clinics we hear about. We have only had one very major event which wound up with two major surgerys and after all of that, we can only say that Wasilla Vet and in particular Dr. Morris were remarkable.