Thread: Took apart trigger assm on tc encore...

Default Took apart trigger assm on tc encore...

and I learned the meaning of sweating bullets. I thought I had it all laid out in order but by the time I got all the parts cleaned I forgot a few steps. More fun than a bag of hornets for a while. Oh well, I guess my Son's vocabulary needed some color. I ended up doing a search and found the asemmbly instructions. Just goes to show you that you ( I!!! ) need to clean the thing after every use. The last day I hunted with it I harvested a nice doe. When I tried to reload I dropped the gun in the snow. Melt got down the barrel and thankfully I did not need a follow up shot. Worse yet life got in the way and it was a week before I got around to cleaning. RUST RUST!! I will say the can of carbon blaster I used for an old outboard motor did the trick. Soaked all small parts and all was good. I wish I had access to a parts cleaner for future clean outs. Anyone else take something apart and have difficulty getting back the way it was?

We used to make pretty good money on this one in the shop I worked in back in the 1960-70's era. Folks would come in with an unknown small European auto pistol or one of those old automatic fly reels. But they were always in pieces, either in a coffee can or a cigar box, and sometimes all the pieces were even there. They wanted us to put them back together.

We charged by the hour for the service, and without the benefit of ever seeing the thing whole or taking it apart ourselves, it sometimes took hours. Costly mistake for the owners.

To show how far things have come, my first reaction when I read the title of your post and thought you hadn't managed it yet was "I wonder why he doesn't go online and find the instructions?"

Good job!

On the snow down the bore thing, up here we always carry a short roll of black electrical tape in our possibles bag. Put a strip over the bore and it keeps out water, snow and brush, but blows out of the way without affecting POI when you fire. Before moving to that, I always carried a patch worm to auger packed snow out of the bore if I fell off my snowshoes.

Default parts, before and after?

Whats worse, having parts left over or thinking you missed something?...Desertdog

oh yea, here is the link

http://www.bellmtcs.com/Prod_and_Serv/free_cd.htm

just in case anyone else needs it. The worst part was the spring. The pictures were not all that clear and it took a few times til I got it figured out.