Thread: Lessons for women

Default Lessons for women

Anyone know where I could get my wife some shooting lessons around Anchorage and the average cost. she just bought herself a khar cwp9 9mm and I would like it if she new how to shoot it. she has only shot this gun one sitting with about 40 rounds going through it. As I have some experience with hand guns and I could only offer as much as I know I think she could learn alot more from someone with more knowledge than me and could offer more tricks of the trade.Can you also let me know what type of ammo to use for target and defense she currently bought 2 boxes of american eagle luger 115 grain full metal jackets because that's what the guy at sportsmans wherehouse suggested Thanks for any and all help you can give me

Contact Steve McDaniel at Alaska Tactical for intruction @ 338-3458.

The American Eagle FMJs are fine for training and pratice, but for defensive use you should select one of the premium defensive loads for defense.

I personally prefer Speer Gold Dots, but any of the premium defensive stuff offered by the major manufacturers that runs reliably in the gun will work well if the shooter does their part.
    Now what ?

any of the +p 9mm ammo should work for defense loads..

if you can find them get the Core Locks (sp) for self defense.

Default Alaska Tactical

My wife went thru Steve's class last fall. Great class and great instruction. Steve was very focused with her. We spent alot of time at the range going thru close contact live fire drills. I also practice some of the drills with her every month to keep up the momentum. I highly recommend them for someone new. She now shoots better than I do with her gun.
    BTW after looking at quite a few pistols I purchased a Kahr 9mm for my wife-----she loves it. perfect fit for a CC gun

Start with a .22LR pistol and work up.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Alaska Tactical usually has a least one all womans pistol class per year. Plus they have a few level 1 Pistol classes throughout the year. Very good instructors and worth every penny.