Thread: Predator hunting pics

Default Predator hunting pics

Hey guys....all this good info on predator hunting, any pics from this year?

Default Alaska Yote

27 Pound Female Coyote. Taken with a 17HMR. FoxPro Scorpion playing Snowshoe hare distress. Hope the attachment works, First try.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Alaska Yote.JPG  

Hey did you just play the distress call from start of stand or did you try to locate the coyote with a howler. Just trying to get some hints on how to get this bad boys. Me and a buddie been trying hard with no luck yet.

Hey Snow,

Hadn't seen ya since the PM days. How ya doing up north there?

I'm gona go out for Lynx in the next few nights, and hopefully I'll see something.

aka Alaskan Yoter

Hey there WaterWolf, it's been awhile. Good to hear from you. Some year we need to get together and do some calling. How's your collection coming along? I'd love to see it someday.

Noel,
    I typically set up and then wait a couple minutes. Then go into a distress sound for a couple minutes. Wait a couple minutes and so on and so forth. I haven't really used the Yote vocals to locate yet. Seems when I've tried to do that, I don't get responses. I've heard of guys doing it, but I haven't had success with it yet.

snowcamoman another question...wondering how far you shot yote with that 17hmr and wat kind of damage it did?

Noel,
    It was shot at around 75 yards. The bullet entered, but didn't come out. Tiny little hole.

Quote Originally Posted by WaterWolf View Post
    Hey Snow,

Hadn't seen ya since the PM days. How ya doing up north there?

I'm gona go out for Lynx in the next few nights, and hopefully I'll see something.

aka Alaskan Yoter
    Hiya yoter, AKWOLFSLAYER from PM. Haven't seen you in a while either.

Geesh I haven't been on PM in awhile either. I learned a lot from that site.

Here's a few pics from last winter.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails m_f3eb544843d2c27192aa82275e4d12fe.jpg   m_46a6519fc66c2766a40147e4d42f5f51.jpg  

Seems to be a lof of the same folks with different names around here, but its good to see ya all.

Snow, Its doing good, somewhere between 500-700 now. If you dable with collecting at all let me know. I gotta site for ya to check out.

Slayer where ya been hiding these days?

Quote Originally Posted by WaterWolf View Post
    Seems to be a lof of the same folks with different names around here, but its good to see ya all.

Snow, Its doing good, somewhere between 500-700 now. If you dable with collecting at all let me know. I gotta site for ya to check out.

Slayer where ya been hiding these days?
    Right here mostly, PM kind of died off with the "alaska" scene and just stopped going there. .... Haven't done much varmint hunting latly, another thing to get back into, lol. UMMM, Let's see, bought property and built a cabin, that has sucked up alot of time.

P.S. You want your book back

Lol.........yeah I want my book back.

Default Pictures?

Must have mised something.....Thought this post was for pictures..