Thread: Reading

Default Reading

Any suggestions on good survival books? I've read books by Tom Brown Jr., Len McDougall, John Wiseman, and Peter Darman. In my opinion, Len's book Practical Outdoor Survival was the best from a "real world" standpoint. Just curious if there were any books out there that you would recommend.

You'll find that there's a lot of redundant reading material available. Some of the most helpful books I've found (outside of your basic survival manuals) are pre-1950s camping books. In general, a lot of the stuff we consider "survival" today was normal, everyday necessity to the woodsmen of that time.
    Χάρις υμίν καί είρήνη άπό θεου...

One of the books I've read recently is the U.S. Army Survival Handbook. It's pretty broad in the types of terrain and scenarios it covers, but it's interesting. Other than that, I find myself reading books on edible plants. I can't recommend any on Alaska specifically, though.

Thumbs up I do!

One of the best books I’ve ever read!
    Not so much on tips and tactics, but more on the psychological, who, what, where, and why? And when you get right down to it; the ultimate survival tool is your brain!
    A very fascinating read, I could not recommend it more……

Deep Survival: Who Lives, Who Dies, and Why
    by Laurence Gonzales

Default yup

+1

Almost finished with Deep Survival as well, worthwhile read.