Thread: 20a Hunt

Default 20a Hunt

Has The Army Built That Ice Bridge? Is It Cold Enough? Do You Think This Is A Two Day Hunt?

No bridge yet at greely or plans that I have heard. Rumor has it that the USAF is going to put one in soon, but nothing so far. It is cold enough though.

Where Would The Airforce Put One. Anyone Here Anything On Ft Wainwright

I was talking about the ranges at greely. I was just meaning that its cold enough to get them in, down here at least I just hadnt heard of any in yet.

I worked on building that road four times for the Air Force out to Blair Lakes. The last year before I retired I was in charge of the project. We went across the Tanana at the end of South Cushman. Now that was 18 years ago, and I am sure some things have changed since then, but the location is most likely the same. If the Army builds it they usually cross the Tanana out past Harding Lake. We did not start on it till January, we needed deep ice that could support Semi-trucks and heavy equipment.

Im in the Engineer company at Ft. Wainwright. My buddy is the PL for the heavy construction platoon. I know they are not doing it. As for the boys at Rich or Greely I dunno. However we spoke to range control at Greely and they were saying something about the Air Force doing it in January. That's what I heard last week. That is the only details I know.

out

Default range control

I spoke with range control and they told me the bridge only goes up every two years, or when they need fuel out at the "site". They said they are not doing it this year.

Default Blair Lakes Range and facility

Some of the biggest bull moose you will ever see, hang out in the impact area...to bad you can't hunt it