Thread: Yetna River update

Kenai pen, in summer. Matsu vally in winter

Default Yetna River update

For those of you that have cabins along the yetna river i flew it yesterday on the way
    back fom my cabin on upper fishcreek lake by lake creek..
    It didnt look to good alot of small open leads and i didnt see no snowmachine tracks going up the river.. I did see some tracts from locals on the edge of the river by lake creek but none on the main trail. It was 10 below and that may change things if it stays cold for a few more days....If anyone makes it up the yetna give us a report.
    For those of you that have airplanes most all the lakes are fine mine had 14 inches of ice and about 18 inches of fairly packed snow in it.

Good update...
    Wasilla Real Estate News
    www.valleymarket.com

Default great info

i have a lot between otter lake and yetna river, and have all my lumber ready to haul up the river. can't wait for the river to firm up!!! please stay cold!

I am going to fly up the yetna to my cabin again this week sometime.
    I will give another report Its been cold and i would think another few days and we could make it via snow machine. as far as hauling freaght i would wait until the guys at desha landing have made a few trips. I will call larry in a few days and have him let me know when its good to go..

Does anyone have the latest info on the Big Su - Kroto slough - Yentna trail conditions? I have heard a couple stories of folks getting wet this year. CN

A frend of mine made it to otter lake yesterday. Its up by lake creek.
    He didnt use the deshka landing. They went up the big sue buy the alexander. He said that the big sue was a little ruff but the yetna was good and the further up they went the better it was. I am going to fly up to my cabin above lake creek this weekend and ill give a report.
    Im not shure how the river is from the deshka if anyone has a report let us know..

Default this sat

me and a few of my buddies are heading to my property by fish lake creek. were taking off from deshka, and will give a trail report on sun.

On the snowmachine forum Trail Boss said the trail is marked from the landing to Luce's. From what I saw from the air last Sunday you'll find lots of open water at the confluence of the Willow channel and the mainstream Su. The trail hugs the east bank and comes quite close to flowing water for a short stretch. Further down the Su is open and flowing at the mouth of the Deshka. Those going to the Deshka cross above that open water and those heading to the Yentna cross below it and into Kroto Slough. Kroto has lots of overflow areas but the GCI trail is good. As you know the overflow areas can re-freeze in a day so I won't waste time describing the specifics. The trail on the outside of Kroto and along the west banks of the river flirts with open water in several places. I'd avoid going that way in the dark. The big word of caution should go to your wives, kids, and friends to stay on the marked trail, especially between the Landing and Kroto. To venture off the trail just a little could be bad news. As the holes skim over with ice the temptation will be there for guys to take the shortcuts. Those shortcuts may be on very thin ice.

Default Mr. Pid

Thank you for the updates, they are indeed life savers!

well i got two sled loads of materials to my cabin on upper fish lake.
    Just got back today. All my cabanets and some lumber.
    the trail is all marked and i seen about 8 other big sled loads of fuel and building supplys. the trail is not as smooth as it has been in the past its pretty bumpy but we had no problems.
    It took 4 hours to get from the landing to my cabin its about 60 miles.
    We even had a berger at Lucy's.
    Most of the lakes out there have overflow on them if you have a load make shure you stay on a trail.