Thread: recovered Nosler Partiton

Default recovered Nosler Partiton

Finally recovered a Nosler Partition... 375 Ultra Mag, hand load with 94 gr of IMR4350 behind it and a Federal 215 primer setting it off..

it hit the ham of a 21" mule deer, (he jumped just as the trigger was pulled) so it went through the ham, pelvis, up a tenderloin, through the chest cavity and lodged against the brisket..

it's the first bullet that I've recovered from any game animal, since I started using the 375 Ultra Mag..
    Attached Images Attached Images

If I had to guess, the range was probably pretty good. I don't see any of the "bulge" just below the partition that forms on some high impact shots. What were the start and finish weights, and what was the range? I usually expect to see 60-70% weight retention in partitions till the range gets really long.

Quote Originally Posted by BrownBear View Post
    If I had to guess, the range was probably pretty good. I don't see any of the "bulge" just below the partition that forms on some high impact shots. What were the start and finish weights, and what was the range? I usually expect to see 60-70% weight retention in partitions till the range gets really long.
    it was about 200 yards down range.. 26" bbl, so figure still had about 2400 fps and about 3800 ft lbs energy when it hit.. I can't remember the bullet weight, but next time I'm home, I'll measure it on the digital scale.

Default Recovered Nosler Partitions in 338 win mag

I recovered 3 Nosler Partitions (210's) this year during my Africa trip, one from a Black Wildebeest, one from an Oryx and one from a Wart Hog. The ranges ran from 50 yards (Wart Hog) to 210 yards (Wildebeest). All three bullets looked similar. The front portion mushroomed and there was a bulge below the partition on all three bullets. The bullet leaves my Model 700 at 3125 fps. All three shots killed the animal instantly....bang dead! I have been pleased with the the performance of Nosler Partitions, although most of the time they are not recovered since they go in one side and out the other....

Silver Tip