Thread: Hogue Rubber Grips

Default Hogue Rubber Grips

Dose anyone have a Ruger Redhawk with Hogue rubber grips installed?

Where they easy to install?

Are they a tight fit?

Would you recommend them?

Default I do...

Mine are on a Super Redhawk and they where easy to install. Very tight fit and they eliminate the middle finger smashing from the trigger guard that occurs with the factory grips. I like them.

Default Pachmayer

After using Hogue and Pachmayer on my Ruger Super RH, I prefer the Pachmayr Decelerator grips. I like the fit and feel of the Pachmayer better. Seems to me, most of the stores used to carry Pachmayer, but now they all stock Hogue.

I have the Hogue on my SRH and all is as stated by Austin.
    One other thing I would recomend is to round off the edges of the trigger. If you look at it uncocked all looks nice and smooth, but when cocked the edges that were inside the frame are a bit sharp (not burrs or anything, just square) and were cutting my trigger finger. A few passes with the dremel, sandpaper, then polish and it saves all that time growing new skin.

Mark

I didn't like mine at all and put the original wood grips back on. They felt like I was trying to grip a 1X4, but yes easy to put on and even easier to take off.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaldust View Post
    After using Hogue and Pachmayer on my Ruger Super RH, I prefer the Pachmayr Decelerator grips. I like the fit and feel of the Pachmayer better. Seems to me, most of the stores used to carry Pachmayer, but now they all stock Hogue.
    I found the same. I tried the Hogue's, but then switched to the Pachmayr's on my Redhawk. I do use the Hogue's on a GP100 though.
    The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps! (Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945)

Thumbs up I appreciate the feedback

Thank you!

It depends on if you have small hands or normal to large hands. I used to have Pachmyers on my Redhawk and Super Redhawk, but I went to the Hogue finger grips on both. I have sorta large hands, and find these to be the best you can do for a hard-kicker like the .454. My wife can't shoot them, as she has small hands, and likes the factory grips better on her GP100 and Redhawk.

Shooting my .454 hurts with the factory grips, but the Hogues take the sting out and I can better control the gun.
    Now just why in the hell do I have to press "1" for English???

It depends on if you have small hands or normal to large hands. I used to have Pachmyers on my Redhawk and Super Redhawk, but I went to the Hogue finger grips on both. I have sorta large hands, and find these to be the best you can do for a hard-kicker like the .454. My wife can't shoot them, as she has small hands, and likes the factory grips better on her GP100 and Redhawk.

Shooting my .454 hurts with the factory grips, but the Hogues take the sting out and I can better control the gun.
    Now just why in the hell do I have to press "1" for English???

Be aware that the Super Redhawk and the Redhawk take totally different grips. They feel quite different dimensionally.

I have large hands, and I do not like the Hogues. I replaced the pair on my Super Redhawk Alaskan .44 with factory SRH grips and for me it's more comfortable to shoot. I will replace the Hogue's on my .500 S&W as soon as the Jordan Trooper's I have ordered from Herrett's get in.

I have large hands and do not like the Hogue grips on the Redhawk..The metal backstrap is not covered and even with a glove on,a high recoiling round gives my hand quite a beating. However, they are not difficult to install. Good Shooting!