Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sheep hunt on Ebay

Default Sheep hunt on Ebay

Non resident guide has a a (Christmas special) sheep hunt on Ebay for sale. I guess they are going to push to get'm while the can before the State goes to a all premit sheep hunts and cuts guides back to <10% of the pie!

Default To funny

LMAO, but i think change is in the air, but not that soon.

Terry

http://cgi.ebay.com/BROWN-BEAR-HUNT-...QQcmdZViewItem

Here is an AK brown bear hunt they claim almost 100&#37; success in the last 4 years. Area code for the guide is in Westchester County, NY.

2003 220 Hewescraft Sea Runner 115 Yam'y, Soft Top "Schmidt Happens"

The seller used to post on here.

6 Grand for a Sheep hunt seems way low to me. Most hunts i have seen go for over 12K. I wonder if the cost of living is that much cheaper in the lower 48 to offer such a deal?

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by pa18tony View Post
    6 Grand for a Sheep hunt seems way low to me. Most hunts i have seen go for over 12K. I wonder if the cost of living is that much cheaper in the lower 48 to offer such a deal?
    He must do well, Westchester NY is a nice place to live! Might just be Bill Clinton"s neighbor.
    ; for them that honour me I will honour, and they that despise me shall be lightly esteemed. 1 SAMUEL 2;30

If you read the ad, the hunt will cost at least 12 grand. It says the 6 grand is the starting cost for the hunt. Thats just a 50 percent deposit.

The hunt offered is for 2 people 6k ea.

Are you sure the guy is a guide and not just a hunting consultant just booking trips for guides in Alaska? He very well could have a working relationship with a guide up in Alaska. I know of several consultants that work with guides and advertise the hunt as if it was their own, otherwise who would book with them? They would go with the guide himself. Plus there is a lot of money in that area so a 10-20% commision in that area would be a sweet deal for the consultant.
    If you take the woods out of the woodsman you have nothing left but a man in the woods.

if you look at his feedback all there is that i can see is dvd sells no hunts,lokks to good to be true.

Default Outfitter

The outfitter is Tony Dingess who owns Revelation Outfitters. He lives in West Virginia. He normally conducts in sheep hunt in GMU 14 in the Chugach Range.

I remember talking with him before I booked with Max. He seesm like a pretty good guy, and he has taken some nice rams. His normal sheep area will be a draw area, so I am not sure where this hunt will be.

Pretty weird seeing his hunts on ebay. Oh well !

He used to post here and got upset when people expressed their opinions about out of state guides and a few other issues also if I remember right.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

ebay is actually one of the cheapest and best places to place an add, very good exposure and very affordable, look how many of you guys in here looked at it, otherwise you'd have never know about the hunt.
    Not sure where he'll be doing his sheep hunts this year either, i know he does bears over in unit 16, so possbily out that way.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Default Tony D.

Quote Originally Posted by Snyd View Post
    He used to post here and got upset when people expressed their opinions about out of state guides and a few other issues also if I remember right.
    I always enjoyed & looked forward to the end of hunting season as Tony would always post up his success. I can say its a SHAME that Tony is not here any longer. All I can say is its our loss that Tony is not here.

To be fair I think many have thought it was a bit odd for out of staters to be "guides" in AK given the regs for all other non-res. After all, who is their guide? I've always wondered about that.
    And I've always been critical of guides having exclusive area rights year after year. I think it puts too much pressure on the resource. (I'm referring to sheep, Brwnbr )

But overall I'm not surprised that some non-residents aren't posting here anymore. I've received emails from some that have said, "Man, I used to feel welcome here". The level of discourse against anyone not in living in Alaska and yet wanting to hunt (especially sheep) is at a new low on this forum, IMHO.

I've said it before, I have taken my share of sheep and my son is an Ak resident. If I want to be in on a sheep hunt, I'll pack for his hunt or I'll spring for the tag. I really don't have a dog in this fight.

People just need to lighten up around here and remember that there are many mature rams out there every year that aren't harvested by res or nonres hunters.

Putting these hunts on ebay to get exposure might not be the worst idea. Very cheap advertising. While in college I built several fly fishing rods for myself. Then I had a guy ask me to build him one, for pay. After that, I got a business license and started out by putting custom rods that were not yet built on ebay for a set price. I sold several on there, and then by word of mouth it continued to sell many more. It was a great side job for a college student. Great exposure/advertising for dirt cheap.

Default Don't have a dog in the fight?

Quote Originally Posted by fullkurl View Post
    To be fair I think many have thought it was a bit odd for out of staters to be "guides" in AK given the regs for all other non-res.
    http://www.law.state.ak.us/pdf/opinions/883020011.pdf

If the nonresidents ever get organized things could change; alot.

But overall I'm not surprised that some non-residents aren't posting here anymore. I've received emails from some that have said, "Man, I used to feel welcome here". The level of discourse against anyone not in living in Alaska and yet wanting to hunt (especially sheep) is at a new low on this forum, IMHO.
    Nonresidents actually may have the right to hunt without having to be guided. Alaska may actually be discriminating against nonresidents. Intuitively they might actually realize the hypocrisies; which are often not well hidden.

I've said it before, I have taken my share of sheep and my son is an Ak resident. If I want to be in on a sheep hunt, I'll pack for his hunt or I'll spring for the tag. I really don't have a dog in this fight.
    Then you have probably also thought about the nonresident guide rule and the hypocrisies of a resident hunting with a next of kin nonresident? Your son might feel differently; he may have a dog in the fight.

People just need to lighten up around here and remember that there are many mature rams out there
    Why; as residents we are faced with another round of restrictions imposed by regulation impacting residents opportunity to hunt.

And you don't have dog in the fight? What country do you live in?

Default next of kin

Im a resident, I hunt sheep, and Ill be the first to say the next of kin thing is a load of crap. My wife who has never hunted a day in her life and in no way be allowed to guide her brother or father on a sheep, goat or bear hunt. But because she is a Alaskan resident she can. Her brother would be no safer or better educated in the logistics or safety issues of hunting in Alaskan than if he did it all by himself. If non residents have to hire a guide, then they have to hire a guide, no exceptions.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast