Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Float Hunting Book is HERE!

Default Float Hunting Book is HERE!

Okay folks,

I have waited over five years to make this announcement; Float Hunting Alaska's Wild Rivers, a 544-page, full-color book on float hunting in Alaska, is in print, and will ship to customers who pre-ordered it, this week. Other orders will follow immediately.

It's going to be really tight to get the advance orders out by Christmas, but that's the plan.

A heart-felt thanks to everyone who believed in this project; especially those who ordered it as far back as three years ago, and who have been patiently waiting ever since. If you have been waiting to order until it actually ships, now would be the time. Just click on the link below my name.

Thanks for your interest!

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Mike, you're the man!

Default Great!!

Just a question for you Mike, I know that Chris should be the one answering this but I've called a three times and still no reply from him. I ordered mine so long ago that I wanted to confirm the order to ensure that I was getting one of preorders at the preorder price from long ago and that it was actually being shipped to me. To all, this is not directed at Mike and I know that he has no control over this and the publisher and his company is responsible. Any thoughts or help on this Mike would be greatly appreciated. Congrats!!!!

P.S. I'm going to have to hurry and finish the Last Frontier so that I can start on your

Wink

gee, mike, i didn't know you had a book coming out !!!? <GRIN>
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Default :-)

:-) :-) :-) :-) congrats Mike I know it will do well.

;-) :-)

Default What if

What if we put our name on the list years ago, how long will it take to get the book, I know I'm looking forward to have something to read with this cold weather setting in. I know back then you never took credit card information.
    Can I check to see if Im still on the list.

Terry

Default Verification-

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    What if we put our name on the list years ago, how long will it take to get the book, I know I'm looking forward to have something to read with this cold weather setting in. I know back then you never took credit card information.
    Can I check to see if Im still on the list.

Terry
    Hi Terry,

I think there are a lot of folks potentially in this situation. I will check on this for you. Give me a day or so and I'll report back.

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.

Congrats Micheal. So, do all your fellow mods get a complimentary copy ?
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Snyd View Post
    Oh, great! Preferential treatment. The rest of us are going to be slighted and hurt to the core. grin

Quote Originally Posted by Snyd View Post
    Yeah, all VIPs should get a special two for the price of two deal!

Been waiting a while...I will place my order right now.

Default just my thoughts

I ordered mine today, something to get thru the long hard winter--and help me to dream about the alaskan dream

Mark,

How do I order the book from your website? I couldn't find for any way to pay besides a phone number that was given.

thats awesome its out now. i think i ordered it last year, but i definately dont remember, so im going to wait a couple months and then order it if it never comes in. haha Vance

Default Book

Congratulations Mike. I've been waiting quite a while and it will make great Christmas reading.

To: thoem
    I had the same concern so I e-mailed Chris at their website and he confirmed the order. You might try e-mail.

Default Book

I talked with Mike last night for a bit. He explained to me some of the effort that went into the book. It should make some good reading over Christmas break from school. Any information on hunting helps. You may learn a lot, or just learn one thing that might save you a lot of problems. Either way,

Congratulations Mike.....

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Default Ordering Instructions

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Mark,

How do I order the book from your website? I couldn't find for any way to pay besides a phone number that was given.
    Hello Matt,

Thanks for your interest.

I have received a lot of requests for ordering instructions. Currently the only way to order the book is directly through the publisher, Alaska Hunter Publications. They are in the process of setting up online ordering, however the fastest way to get the book right now is to call the order number and place the order by phone. That number is 1 (907) 455-8000. I believe they are being shipped priority mail, so it should get to you fairly quickly. Keep in mind though that this is absolutely the worst time of year to send something through the post office! Also remember that we have a huge backlog of orders, since the book was just printed. I'm assisting where possible, even hand-delivering copies where can. We'll get them all out right away; this is a priority one project right now.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words, and for your interest in this. It's a great feeling to finally be at this phase of the process.

If anyone wants to read more about the book, you are welcome to visit my website. Navigate to the "Book Info" page, and you can read all about it.

Best regards,

-Mike

Mike
    Will you let us know when we can oreder the book directly without calling someone .

RR
    Practice does not make perfect !!!!!
    Perfect Practice makes perfect !!!!!!!!!!

USS SARATOGA CV-60

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...ex_2-1-1-1.gif

Default Ordering-

Quote Originally Posted by RANGER RICK View Post
    Mike
    Will you let us know when we can oreder the book directly without calling someone .

RR
    Hi Rick,

If you're referring to online ordering, yes, I will post that here. It might be a while though, the priority is to get the orders that we have out the door ASAP. If you want it sooner rather than later, you should call the number. That said, I know that some folks who are deployed, or are in other situations, may not be able to call.

I'll get back to you on this as soon as I have something to report.

Thanks for asking!

-Mike

Default Terry's Question

Mike....I like Terry put my name on your book list years ago so will awaite your answer to his question.....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast