Thread: Skinner Sights

Default Skinner Sights

Has anyone used the peep sights made by skinnersights.com? These seem to be like the xs sights, but for half the price.
    ..."Tolerance is the virtue of a man without convictions." - G.K. Chesterton

Default On my Guide Gun

I put the brass sights on my stainless guide gun. Worked great, look great. The brass is a bit soft, so I dinged it up a bit due to my heavy-handedness, but was able to sand the dings out no problem. Machining was very tight tolerances. Adjustments easy to make, no problems getting it sighted in. I did buy the front sight with the rear - don't know if the stock front would have worked equally well.

I also have no doubt Tim would have replaced the sight I dinged up at no cost. But I wouldn't have asked as it was my own fault.

I DEFINITELY recommend these. I can't compare to the XS, as I haven't used them. The Skinner sights are high enough to see over the XS scout scope mount I have installed, too.

I had one on my .45-70 when i had it and just bought another for my other lever gun. I really like them compared to a stock rear sight.

Does the lack of wings on the rear sight make a difference? Ever had a problem getting bumped and losing zero?

Quote Originally Posted by alaskamace View Post
    Does the lack of wings on the rear sight make a difference? Ever had a problem getting bumped and losing zero?
    On the one I just put on my .30-30 the windage is harder to adjust than the last one,. It is tight, so it would need to be a very hard bump.

Thanks for the help