Thread: Sea Slide?

Default Sea Slide?

We have used this on the bottom of our boats long ago. With sea slide applied water does not stick to the bottom of the hull and the boat skoots right along like snot on ice. Has anyone heard of it or know a dealer in Anchorage? I cant find any. :-( I am looking to apply some on my boat.

Cool Here ya go

Never heard of it but I found the website.....

http://www.seaslide.com/
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

I went to their website, the closest dealer is Seattle. They're looking for distributors?????? You might want to be one, then maybe you'll get a discount from their asking price of $50.00 per QUART! The testamonies from the users appears like this stuff really works. I'm curious to see how long would it last in these silt ridden rivers? Silt is very abrasive. Food for thought..

I have no interest in being a dealer. Eventhough I am in the distributing trade, my line of work is in a completely different ball field. We bought some a long time about but I dont remember where in Anchorage.

We used it on a small 14' airboat with a rotax 912. We used to jump sand bars, beaver dams, logs, and sometimes run it on gravel bars to get around downed trees. The application seemed to last for most of the spring, summer and fall. Come fall it was evident another layer was needed. I am assuming on lake boats and river boats it would last much longer.

I was hoping to put this on the bottom of my canoe to give it a little more "get up and go" power while running a trolling motor. I know I will not be getting on step with a trolling motor, but I wanted to try this stuff on a different application.

Well shoot, then you already have a prety good idea of what this stuff can do. They say it's applicable to aluminum, wood, fiberglass, etc... I suppose durability is the million dollar question. If it lasted a season on an airboat, that's not doing too bad.
    It just might be worth a shot to spend $50 - $100 now and possibly save that much $$ in fuel savings. They say that that's THE beauty of this stuff, it reduces friction and increases performance AND mileage. I bet on a canoe it would be so slick that it would be **** near dangerous. Give it a shot and tell us how it worked. I might even do the same.

Thumbs up poly glide

Water_Gremlin ,

Call airboats -R-us in eagle river he puts ploy glide 3 on his boatssounds about the same , When I was looking at his boats he also said he sold it.

http://www.airboatsrus.com/

THANK YOU ROGER

I would have never guessed Airboats R Us sells that stuff. I am in Eagle River too.

I have a 17' Osagian square stern canoe, three keels and its really wide. Two people can stand up and fly fish with no problem.