Thread: Maintenance Provider Recommendation in Fairbanks area

Cool Maintenance Provider Recommendation in Fairbanks area

Just picked up a new (to me) sled today and wondering if anyone had any recommendations on who does decent work at a decent price in the Fairbanks/North Pole area. It's a 2000 Yamaha SRX 700 and it needs the primary clutch rebuilt for starters. Other than that, I'm not sure what else it's going to need but I'm definitely looking forward to getting it up and running so I can brutalize some snow.
    NRA Life Member, Prior F-16 crew chief.

Default Recommendation

I highly recommend Darby's Performance on Industrial Ave. in Fairbanks.

How many miles on the clutch? Many times it is more cost effective to just get a new or after market clutch. Go to Totally Yamaha web site. Look up snowmobiles /want add/for sale board/SRX forum. Everyone there is out to help each other. No bashing allowed. Honest people supporting Yamaha riders. AWSOME SITE!
    Look for a Hauck clutch with heavy hitter weights and 144 studs. Then hang on that SRX will rip your arms out of your sockets : - )

Congrats.................

Default Thanks...

for the recommendation and also for the heads up on the website. Wasn't aware of that website so hopefully I'll be able to get more machine-specific info.

Thumbs up Darby's

my vote goes to Darby's as well. quality work and honest, too. hard to find any shop that won't rip you off.
    ..."Tolerance is the virtue of a man without convictions." - G.K. Chesterton

I did take some work to Darby's on my four wheeler which was satisfactory. I didn't know what they could/did do on snowmobiles though which is why I asked. Any opinions good or bad on The Sled Shop in NP?

Default Sled Shop

I have taken my Arctic Cat and Yamaha to the Sled Shop in North Pole a few times. Good work, a quick turnaround and a fair price. I have also taken them to a dealer (won't say which one) in Fairbanks where you tend to feel overcharged and have to wait a week or two for the sled to be finished. I would recommend the Sled Shop.

I have had good dealing with Al at the sled shop. I had a clutch kit and can installed by him. I also had to order a hyvo chain and gears for my arctic cat. The price was fair...a lot better than the dealer I bought my sled from.

Thanks for the feedback. As soon as I get my new clutch in the mail, I'll be taking the old one in to get it rebuilt so I'll have a spare. Can't wait to get the clutch in and do some riding.

Thumbs up Darby's

Another big thumbs up for Darby's. They take care of both my Ski-Doo SWT and my Honda Rubicon. I have no thought of going anywhere else.