Thread: Pix controller game cams

Default Pix controller game cams

http://www.pixcontroller.com

I heard that these were very good units. I am not a very tech oriented hunter, so am not sure how usable these game cams or surveillance cameras are. I know at least one FAI based company using them for surveillance. I do not believe they are having any issues with them.
    I asked the manufacturer about cold wx related problems. They said the best one would be the DVREye. They look pretty expensive to me, so I did ask about quantity discounts. The company said they can do so with minimum orders of 10 units.
    I would like a system that allows me to see the results on site. Things like time and date would be an added benefit too. My old 35mm system requires a trip back to town for processing.
    What do you folks think? Are there other quality units out there that you have experience with? Is anybody interested in co-oping purchases?

I would rather have 3 or 4 low end cameras than 1 high end, for my uses anyway. Those guys are expensive to be leaving in the woods for the bears to chew on.

check out this site if you havn't found it already

http://www.chasingame.com/

Awesome reviews on virtually every game camera out there. Excellent forum too.

I bought my brother a Stealth Cam WD2 for Christmas last year. He used it all summer. My only complaint with it is the slowish trigger time, but you learn to setup the camera so it doesn't matter too much.

Default protection

I need to go back completely through the website and see what they offer then start a comparison. You are right, in some ways it might be nice to have multiple units instead of one high end. If a guy is hunting really remote, it would be nice to have lots of battery life, and the ability to download or readback what the unit has recorded.
    I like the idea of no moving parts. Cold wx is less of an issue. I also like infra red. No flash to scare animals or, if I have a security issue, it won't scare the criminals and cause them to destroy the unit.
    I have long thought of modifying an ammo box to secure the camera. A hole in the front and a chain and lock around the tree would be pretty easy. Bears couldn't eat it, and idiots couldn't steal it. At lest not easily.