Thread: Condition Report????

Default Condition Report????

Hey guys have not had a chance to make it out to the flats this year. with the screwy weather what are the conditions like? have most of the slews (sp?) and bogs froze yet or are things still pretty soupy? I'm takin friday off to go out with my buddy who is up here for his xmas break. wondering if we will be able to get around or if i need to try one of my other spots.

I hunted near the Eklutna Tailrace a week and a half ago and all of the marches and sloughs there were completely frozen. I'd think you'll be good to go.

Walked across a slough last weekend on a couple inches of ice with 3" of overflow slush on top. Bogs were slush on ice with some shaded areas frozen solid. Should be good and frozen now.

If you're tallking about the palmer flats last friday there was some overflow on a few sloughs I walked on, but everything was plenty solid and hard to walk on for us. Especially by this weekend it would difinetly be hard.

Default update

Went out last friday things were good and froze. although with the fresh snow we got made it hard to see. need a goo9d wind to come through and knock all the snow off the trees and bushes. we jumped a couple but did not manage to get a shot off on them.