Thread: Lost Chesapeake

Default Lost Chesapeake

LOST DOG in Turnagain Pass

"Story" - Brown Chesapeake Bay Retriever about 75 lbs. Green tattoo in ear.

Call Jim & Laurie Sitkeiwicz at:

907-277-4779 (home)
    907-563-4263 (work)
    240-5366 (cell)

Do you have any specific info on where he was lost? Was this around the parking areas at the top of the pass, etc...
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

As a chessy man myself I feel your pain bro. I really hope that you can locate Story. Chessies, are loyal to the bone and if he is still alive, I gurantee he is out there looking for you right now. Good luck.

The notice was forwarded to me by another Chessie person in Anchorage, and posted here to try to spread the word. Jim & Laurie have been emailed to try to get more specific information about where Stormy was lost. Losing a dog is gut & heartwrenching, but will keep hoping he's found safe & sound soon. Thanks!

Karen

I only live an hour and a half south of the pass and would gladly go assist in searching if needed. Post any more details if you get them.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Default more info!

Just heard from the owner! Stormy was lost at the Tin Can back country skiing area. She is a recently spayed female, 2 1/2 years old, and a great dog. I don't know how to post the pic that came with the original email, but she just looks like a nice dog. In addition to the ear tattoo, she has a Homeagain microchip.

Thanks for offering to help search for her, JOAT! I know Jim & Laurie appreciate any help they can get.

Karen

I pulled up a map & attached the link. The Tincan area is a non-motorized skiing area on the east side of the hwy and south of the parking lot in Turnagain pass. I haven't been on skis in years and you can't run snowmachines in that area, but I have nothing else important to do this week (other than Christmas shopping). That area is boxed in to the east, so a dog couldn't wander too far. My concern would be that the dog made its way back out to the parking lot or highway and somebody picked her up. Did they mention what day the dog went missing? I might have to give them a call.

http://www.theascendingpath.com/Turnagain_Pass.html
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

I feel for the owner I hope someone finds the dog.

I am the owner of the Chesapeake. She was last seen on the 9th at 11:30am. Thanks for the help. I think the dog made it to the parking lot and was picked up. Sunday night was clear and calm and wistle signals carried well. A lot people have been skiing the area and many know of my dog. I was up there monday and went around the southern boundries and no tracks of anything along the southern canyon. She loves to run down hill and I got crossed up in the rollovers. It is my fault and she probably continued to the car where she was looking for me and was picked up. I thought she would be up hill. People have been looking for her every day on the tincan ridge and unless some freek accident happened she would come. She has a tattoo in her ear and a white spot on her chest and about 75 lbs., friendly, shy around fast moving children.
    Jim

Do you have a photo you can post here? If you do, I can distribute it with your descriptions to public bulletin boards and our pet shops, etc. in the Kenai-Soldotna area, just in case it was someone from around here who picked her up.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Photo

LOST DOG in Turnagain pass on 12/09/07
    REWARD
    Female Brown Chesapeake Retriever about 75 lbs.* Green tattoo in ear*
    *907-277-4779
    563-4263
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default From one dog lover to another...

Within the next 2 hours, her picture will be at every vet office, pet shop, and public bulletin board in my area. Printer is running and my truck is warming up. I hope it helps. Since it sounds like you've been covering the pass pretty well and I don't have ski gear, I'm not sure how much benefit I could be up in the pass. But if you need any leg work up there, by all means let me know.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!