Thread: Best IR game, trail cam?

Default Best IR game, trail cam?

Anyone have a IR trail camera? I thought it would be fun to set one up and see what wanders by but don't know a thing about them.
    Looking to spend around 3-500 for one.
    I saw Cabela's has the Stealth Cam STC-DVIR5 Prowler for $449 with $100 rebate. Anyone use this or know anything about these trail cams?
    I saw a Nat Geographic show and they used the Stealth Cam Prowler.
    I would use it to jsut see what's wandering around in the woods but my son would borrow it for watching bears I am sure.

Appreciate any comments....

Regards
    Flyergirl

I use Moultrie trail cams. I only use them for my bear bait sites and the photos come out excellent. If you are just going to use it for whatever and arent worried about the best picture you can get then check out the Moultrie's. You can usually pick them up for 100-200 bucks. I have added two pics so you can see the quality of my first one I had used on this site.If you have anymore questions or would like more pics feel free to ask. I also recommend that if your son will use it for bear baiting then get something that is not to expensive unless you dont mind a bear having it for dinner...
    Attached Images Attached Images

bowtechshooter I think that I have seen the first picture on another thread. Is it a giant black bear or a brownie?

Ya Im sure you have , it was posted awhile ago during bear baiting season. It is a Griz that is losing his winter coat. The whole area that I was in was griz infested with about 15 different bears to include two radio collared ones.

thank you...I will look into that brand also!

Flyergirl

Talking Best trail camera

If your hunting in an area that has cellphone coverage I would get a CellularEYE from pixcontroller, It will call you and send the picture to you within one minute. Ther's also lots of info. on other trailcams there.

check it out at: http://www.pixcontroller.com/
    Last edited by profishguide; 12-11-2007 at 21:23. Reason: added
    Frank
    Alaska Wildrose Charters and Cabins
    www.wildroselodge.com