Thread: bino cover equipment question

Default bino cover equipment question

Advertised on some hunting show was a bino cover system that look good for my needs. It was basically a camo neoprene flap that covered and held the binos next to your chest; you could peel the flap back and instantly have the binos up, ready to use. Naturally, I didn't write down the name of the company or the product. Anyone out there familiar with this product?
    thanks

Nimrod makes one but its not neoprene, its more like a fleece material like they use on hunting back packs.

The folks a Boondocks in Eagle River were very helpful to me. I went in looking for something to protect the eyepieces of my binocs. They fitted Buttler Creek scope caps to each lens. Problem solved!! Great idea and great guys. J.

Default Called the Bino Shield

Check Sportsmans Warehouse behind the bino counter. Made by Crooked horn outfitters (the Bino Shield). I like mine, works well, instant access to your binos, use it in conjunction with the ever so popular bino system straps that secure your binos to your chest.

Default Bino-Shield

I tried the Bino-Shield out on Kodiak this fall. I will return them when I make it up to Anchorage. The material soaked through and did not do what I was hoping they would do, keep the glass mositure free.

Just my 2-cents

Default Binosock

You may have seen the Binoscock. http://www.binocsock.com/

The product works well, protects your binoculars from the elements, allows you to quick access for use, and distributes the weight of the binocular across your shoulders.

Default Well

+1 for Butler Creek Scope Caps.......been using them for a # of years........the caps and a quick rinse in a creek keeps my glass going.

Joe
    Where there's a hobble, there's hope.

Default my two cents

i hate having covers on my binos.....they are always on my neck so i dont' have to worry about them falling unless i fall....which does happen....but if stuff gets in there i jsut blow it out and then wipe the lenses with a chamois cloth...which is the best stuff...for wet/dirty lenses....as long as the cloth isn't soaked through too...i am curious about the butler creeks though...might just try them for the oubjective..seems like they would get in the way or be uncomfortable on the eyepeices...
    "early to bed, early to rise, fish like hell, and make up lies"

Default Butler Creeks

on the objective ends only........my Leicas come w/rear eyepiece covers.......

Joe

Default objective only

Quote Originally Posted by ovis View Post
    on the objective ends only........my Leicas come w/rear eyepiece covers.......

Joe
    I also have a leica bino. They have covers for the eyepiece only. I have little concern about covers for the objective lenses. Ever tried putting a blade of grass or a small leaf on your objective lense of your rifle scope and look through it? You cannot even tell it is there. I could see the advantage of objective covers to avoid scratches to the glass but not otherwise. Maybe I'm missing something here. My main desire for covers for the eyepieces is to cut down on sweat getting to them during the climb to game and to keep rain off if the weather is such.

Just my take...

-Carnivore
    Everything that lives and moves will be food for you.
    Genesis 9:3

Default Well

I just posted what works for me........never said it was for everybody.......most of the places I hunt, there's a lot of dust.......wiping the lenses w/a chamois, wet or otherwise, would do in the lens coatings in short order........like I said, works for me......the places I hunt seldom bore me enough to give me the time to experiment by sitting around putting small leaves or blades of grass on my objective lenses for whatever your reason.......but I'm sure it's a good reason.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by OldRgr View Post
    The folks a Boondocks in Eagle River were very helpful to me. I went in looking for something to protect the eyepieces of my binocs. They fitted Buttler Creek scope caps to each lens. Problem solved!! Great idea and great guys. J.
    I don't like scope caps because they slow me down - I like being able to raise the binos to my eyes and look immediately before the critter has a chance to bolt.