Thread: Anybody have any good reviews on the Sourdough Slippers??

Default Anybody have any good reviews on the Sourdough Slippers??

Been looking really hard at them for a float hunt and the few people I have talked to about them say they are the way to go?? Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Nobody???

Where do you find these things Crazy? Sounds interesting, I would like to check them out too...HH

You're talking about bunny boots?

http://www.barneyssports.com/itemDes...=2&prodid=1209
    google produced this... Anyone tried them?

You got it LuJon! Sorry I figured people around here knew what they were, but it doesnt appear that way. Guess thats what I get for assuming. I ordered some so I will let you guys know how tough they are and how well they work. Ordered them now so I can use them for a little waterfowl hunting before I get dropped off in BFE and depend on them.

If you would please post pics of them packed up as small as they will go. I wonder if they could be put in a compression sack. Also curious what they weigh.

Mt. View Sports sells the same thing for the same price with the brand name "Neos". The extra large size come in a shoe box that's what you'd expect for an average pair of lightweight running shoes. Total weight is listed as 2.9#. Out of the box they are not compressed, so the size could be reduced.

Mine have been handy to have but I wouldn't expect them to compete with conventional hip boots for durability. They're clunky to walk in with the wrong shoes. Mine go on when I need them and immediately come off when I don't.

http://www.overshoe.com/recreational...tail.php?s=RTK

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pid View Post
    Mt. View Sports sells the same thing for the same price with the brand name "Neos". The extra large size come in a shoe box that's what you'd expect for an average pair of lightweight running shoes. Total weight is listed as 2.9#. Out of the box they are not compressed, so the size could be reduced.

Mine have been handy to have but I wouldn't expect them to compete with conventional hip boots for durability. They're clunky to walk in with the wrong shoes. Mine go on when I need them and immediately come off when I don't.

http://www.overshoe.com/recreational...tail.php?s=RTK
    Pid, those do look a lot alike, but Barney's is saying that the sourdough slippers are 500 cordura vs. 160 deniar nylon. Barney's says they arent meant to fill the spot of hip boots, but people are using them for that and I have heard some really good things about them.

Good for me. I use mine for float flying, and lighter is better. That's what I was looking for.

Coarser nylon wouldn't change my opinion. It would simply make the boots warmer, heavier, and bulkier, all things I wanted to avoid, or I'd have just stayed with hip boots that fit my feet!

Enjoy your boots.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pid View Post
    Good for me. I use mine for float flying, and lighter is better. That's what I was looking for.

Coarser nylon wouldn't change my opinion. It would simply make the boots warmer, heavier, and bulkier, all things I wanted to avoid, or I'd have just stayed with hip boots that fit my feet!

Enjoy your boots.

Thanks Pid! I will post up after I have given them several good workouts and let you guys know if I think they are tough or not.

has anyone tried the wiggys version?
    http://www.wiggys.com/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=5

Default Wiggies

I have used the light weight pull over waders from Wiggies. They are super light but should only be used to cross a stream and then taken off. If you wear them to walk to the next stream crossing, you will very quickly wear holes in them. They are designed to allow sheep hunters to cross a few streams but definitely not to replace hip boots.

Default Neos River Trecker

I have used the Neos for almost 3 years. Taken them on several hunts. Great for sheep hunting. They allow you to wear nice hiking boots and slip them on and cross water. They hold up well, a little loud while walking in the brush. Also nice to slip into with a rain coat to do all the bloody work and keep the blood and scent off your other clothes. I have put a few holes in them, nothing a little Aqua Seal could not fix. They roll up about the size of the vibraim sole and very light. I take them on every hunt. Even got the wife a pair.

Steve