Thread: Rabbit hunting regs?

Default Rabbit hunting regs?

Can somone help me find clarification on regs/legal areas to hunt rabbits? I'm looking to find out if I can hunt within Anchorage city limit (hillside woods) with a pellet gun or not... couldn't find anything online

-Thanks, Nick

http://www.wildlife.alaska.gov/regulations/pdfs/gmu14.p

No, only allowed to hunt via falconry.

The link automatically redirects, do you have any other links? thanks-

Odd, try this one, click on unit 14:

http://www.wildlife.alaska.gov/index...ations.hunting

Default 14c supplement

It's only at F&G. There's ALOT more to the small game regs than what is posted in the general regs you posted a link to. If anyone is planning to hunt ANY small game in 14C they had better be familiar with the supplement. For some reason all the small game stuff for 14c was removed this year. Stay legal.

Can you be more specific? What kind of info is in this special supplement that isn't in the general regs or in this small game one:

http://www.wildlife.alaska.gov/regul...dfs/smgame.pdf

Yes thats the bad news I was looking for =/..... I find it a real shame that I cant even kill a squirrel or a rabbit within city limits without a falcon?.... kind of bogus and extremely depressing

Default Not exactly

Those are essentially the areas. Each one of those areas have different regulations on limits/seasons. Used to be a special section in the regs. Like I said I think the links to the maps are probably ok but the one page "14c small game regulations" has the season dates/limits and I may be wrong but I think the ONLY place to get that is at the desk at fish and game. Go in and ask, you'll see what I am talking about. If anyone remembers the breakout that used to be in the regs for 14c small game, its essentially that but as a separate document. Heck, just do yourself a favor and go somewhere else in the state and hunt. Might see something cool.

believe me i would go somewhere else in the state... but i have no prior hunting experience besides watching videos and reading and no one in my family hunts... ontop of that i cant even legally drive a car by myself yet

Default Check again

Check out the regs for Anchorage Coastal Wildlife Refuge(pg 68), there are areas where you can hunt with shotgun and pellet guns inside the MOA, for shotgun it is during migratory bird season out on the mudflats basically from the railroad track (by the shooting range) out onto the mudflats over to fallow (sp) creek. But for pellet gun, small game can be hunted from the shooting range on the mudflat side of the railroad tracks all the way to kincaid park, BUT you need to have a HUNTER CERTIFICATION to hunt in this area for both shotgun and pellets.