Thread: ski installation

Default ski installation

I bought a set of landes 2000s rigged for a pa-18, I will install on a pa-12 gear. Will the cable lengths be close or will I need to make new cables. Thanks for the suggestions

Default Check it

Check it before flying! Your A&P will know where to find all the rigging data in 43.13. Do you know if its standard gear it came off of? I would always rig it myself if I bought new skis even if off of same type acft. Never know what knucklehead did it the last time. I've seen several sets of skis rigged incorrectly. Might as well start with them right! Just my .02

Does your 12 have 18 gear or 12 gear? I have a simlar question...I sold my J5 with 12 gear...but kept my landis 2000 ski's and want to place them on my supercub...The attach points are the same for 12 gear and 18 gear...so I think it will work...however, I will check for correct tolerances prior to flight...just need snow.
    Ron

Default Call Landes

Call Landes and they can tell you what you need and / or build it for you. It makes a diference if you have stock 12 gear or have upgraded to 18 gear. They have been very helpful for me. You can always stop by their place, they are located on the Anchorage hillside.

JB

Just install them.... then measure against AC 43. 13-2A, Chap. 5, Sec. 3, Pg. 37, .... rigging of skis... simple to do with wing jack and cheap angle finder..