Thread: Glock Model 20C problems

Default Glock Model 20C problems

I am having some trouble with my Glock model 20c. I am sure my problem was a direct result of disassembling my pistol myself in an attempt to upgrade the spring on my firing pin and recoil spring assembly . I replaced the spring on both on account of some advice that my gun needed higher quality springs to better handle the recoil from my reloads. After putting the gun back together my firing pin does not strike my primer with much force at all. It hardly makes a indentation in the primer. I am only getting about 2 or 3 out of about 10 rounds to fire. Anyone out there ran into this problem before? Any advice on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

recoil will have no effect on the firing pin.

I'd go back to the old spring if it functioned more reliably.

Ditto that. Undo whatever you did. It also sounds like you might have obstructed the firing pin channel or may even have inverted the spring cups.

Glocks are setup and operate correctly right out of the box. There is nothing on this gun you need to replace to make it "handle recoil" or whatever other stories people are telling you.

As for the assembly, go to the following website and use these guides to ensure you are putting the gun together right. They have very good photographic detailed guides...

http://www.topglock.com/info/info.htm
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Thumbs up G20

I replaced my G20 rod and spring.....went with Stainless Rod and 22# Spring from Wolff.....and repaced the barrel with a Wolff Stainless.. good Move! Firing Pin stayed the same!

http://10mmtalk.com/
    Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by JOAT View Post
    Ditto that. Undo whatever you did. It also sounds like you might have obstructed the firing pin channel or may even have inverted the spring cups.

Glocks are setup and operate correctly right out of the box. There is nothing on this gun you need to replace to make it "handle recoil" or whatever other stories people are telling you.

As for the assembly, go to the following website and use these guides to ensure you are putting the gun together right. They have very good photographic detailed guides...

http://www.topglock.com/info/info.htm
    Ditto: I haven't found very much about any Glock that needs much tweeking. Of course you could just sell the dern thing to me (with all the old parts) and let me suffer with it.

I'll assume you handloads are within the working pressures of the 10mm. The gun was set up to work with bullets of 180-220 grains and a ten does have a bit of recoil, as you know. The recoil spprings does loose tension after heavy use but I don't think they are of the wrong weight from the factory. I don't think the striker spring should be changed out.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?