View Poll Results: Flyaway highway......

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love the show....My heroes

4 8.70%
  • Hate the show....Cancel show & fire them NOW!

13 28.26%
  • Idiots......but I like watching them

16 34.78%
  • Never seen the show

13 28.26%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flyaway highway

Question Flyaway highway

Here is my take on these idiots IMO.

I have hunted waterfowl pretty much all over the nation....Not nearly as much as I want too!

Me and my boy watch the outdoor channel on thursdays cause it's the day they show quite abit of waterfowl hunting.

I want to know how in the hell can two idiots be sponsored from Remington and multiple other sponsers when they seem to have the lowest shot vs kill ratio I have ever seen. (for so called seasoned hunters)

If I was incharge of Remington I would drop all endorsements immediately! My take of having a sponser is to show the effectiveness of the products. ie: Remington HD shotshells are advertised to put birds down at longer ranges and hard hitting. Hard to show if you can rarely hit birds (even at close decoy range with the bird committed with landing gear down.)

I'm sure that some of this rant is from pure jelousy that they have a good gig and can shoot $2 shells apiece.

JMO

Isnt hunting about having fun, and the expierence of just being outdoors?

I personally could care less whether a guy can shoot or not.....Makes no difference...

Default show

I usually mute the tv when that show is on, those two guys act like such jack asses that I cant hardly stand to listen to them but it does have some good hunting footage. But with so few choices to watch duck hunts on tv I can put up with it. They need to bring back the DU show and waterfowler tv those were pretty good.

Default hate em'

I have seen and read many a bad review on these guys, and I myself hate them and everything that they stand for....but, people continue to watch. Even now that they have those cheesy, ugly women on there that introduce the commercial i hate them more than i did before.....but, still people continue to watch. The one thing about these guys I'm sure that enforcers like so much is their ability to introduce and talk about the products that they use. Even if it means belittling each other to accomplish getting the product highlighted they will do it. That's about the only positive thing that i can say about them. I have watched about 5 min of several shows. Thursdays are a good waterfowling day on TV and sometimes after watching the great show waterfowler tv, i forget whats next and fall victim to "brain melting". I have never seen another show on hunting, of any kind in which i feel "dummer" after watching it.....but people continue to watch.

Default Du Tv

I dont watch the show either, they are not the kind of hunters I enjoy watching. Ducks unlimited still comes on on Versus. Around Anchorage I believe that is channel 39. I dont know the exact times it comes on but I manage to catch it about once a week. Hope this helps a few people tune out the flyway highway.

I dont like the show, but I watch it because its duck hunting. One thing is for sure I would give anything to be able to make living doing what they are doing. Except my t show I woud look like a ass

We hate it, but watch it anyway...it's still duck hunting. Here's the scoop on that show from a friend of ours from Arkansas. You pay those guys $2500, hotel and food costs etc. and the Flyway Highway will come hunting with you. So you could be the next stop on the Flyway Highway.

I've only watched Waterdog TV a couple of times as we don't get Versus, but that is the best duck hunting show I've seen. Good shooting and GREAT dog work. They have the 2006 season on DVD now and I think it will go in a stocking at our house.

Default I agree

Thursday is the only day I watch the oudoor channel too. I am not a big fan of flyway highway. Their acting sucks, and you are right they hardly ever shoot anything. Maybe it is because they are shooting Remington's and not Beretta's. Just kidding, If they are seasoned waterfowlers, where is their dog? I love watching those dogs on tv making those retrieves. And can't wait until I can get my dog to do it. I think they should show something like Ducks Unlimitted tv in that spot, that gives you the skinny on some new duck hunting gear, and tactics.

Default Flyway Highway

Quote Originally Posted by geoff156 View Post
    I usually mute the tv when that show is on, those two guys act like such jack asses that I cant hardly stand to listen to them but it does have some good hunting footage. But with so few choices to watch duck hunts on tv I can put up with it. They need to bring back the DU show and waterfowler tv those were pretty good.
    I agree with geoff156.

Can't stand the show either, but it's my preference and choice to change the channel when it comes on. The majority of the products I've seen advertised on there are gimmicks anyway (ex. the duck ripple plastic decoy add on). Just not my cup of tea. I don't mind that they can't hit anything, but the calling sucks (as does most calling on TV including DU television), the acting sucks, and the girls they use for commercial breaks seems like a lame attempt to get more viewers. I'm much more impressed by seeing beautiful women that are decked out in camo enjoying the sport rather than some two dollar model hired to blow a duck call like a gazoo!

Quote Originally Posted by duckslayer56 View Post
    If they are seasoned waterfowlers, where is their dog? I love watching those dogs on tv making those retrieves. And can't wait until I can get my dog to do it.
    Guess I'm not a seasoned waterfowler myself then. Please take the above comments with a grain of salt since only "REAL" waterfowlers use dogs!!

Default Open mouth insert foot

OK so I put my foot in my mouth. I wasn't saying only real duck hunters use dogs. What I was trying to say was shouldn't a waterfowling tv show feature retrievers, since a retriever is a big part of waterfowling for a lot of duck hunters.

Hahahaa!!! I was just giving you a hard time. I lost both my dogs years ago to cancer and since that time I've joined the Coast Guard. It's just not possible for me to have a hunting companion right now being single and living life aboard a Coast Guard cutter at sea. It wouldn't be fair to me or the dog.

I totally understand where you're coming from although I've been on many many hunts where a dog would be more of a hinderance than a help! Not to mention I've had many hunts ruined by others dogs who felt they "needed" a retriever just to duck hunt, but neglected to give that dog proper training before entering the field. Nothing like a whistle blaring and commands being shouted at the top of ones lungs to ruin the morning flight of neighboring hunters!!

Unhappy not a good show

each time i hear "whackem and stackem" it makes me cringe. i really like duck hunting but really don't like to hear them talk or watch them try to shoot.
    i might try to use geoff156 method and mute it. then i can at least see where they hunt and how the waterfowling is in that place.

Sorry to hear about your dogs. We lost our most experienced dog last year as well, can't seem to fill the void. My dad doesn't even duck hunt anymore, since he died.

I know what you mean about dogs can sometimes be a hinderance, I went hunting one time with a guy and his chessie. The chessie barked at all of the birds when they were working the decoys. Nothing like calling a buch of birds in, only to have the dog scare them off.

Default Avery Rules All

Haven't seen this show in particular, but can say with confidence that of all the duck hunting videos and TV shows I have seen, Avery has always blown apart the competition. In my opinion, they have by far the most respect for their sport, the best video footage, the best shooters, the best calling, the best in-close decoying, the best attention to detail and camoflauge... get the picture?
    Avery/Zink Calls/Greenhead Gear have taken waterfowling to a new level improving the sport we all love. If you haven't seen any of their videos/TV shows (they're partnered with Waterdog TV, and have seen them on episodes of DU TV), you're missing an extremely dedicated and professional group of ethical hunters.

I agree with you that Avery makes some really good equipment. I love their greenhead gear decoys, and I have a zink call, which sounds really good. The only problem I have with Avery is they are always using shadow grass, or duck blind patterns for thier cammo. For waterfowling I prefer the Max-4 pattern. If they would come out with some clothes that have the Max-4 pattern I would be all over it.

Stick with the Drake gear if you want Max 4. You won't be dissapointed!

Drake gear rules! I really like the spring loaded pockets, on thier parkas. They are expensive, but worth it.

I've got the Drake 4 in 1, the EST 1/4 zip pull over, the insulated bibs, the MST jacket, the Waterfowlers Blind Bag, and several other pieces. THey're all great. I've got plenty to compare to as well. I have the Columbia 4 in 1 and bibs. The Whitewater Outdoors Gortex jacket and bibs. The Natural Gear waterproof parka and matching pants. The Browning XP 4 in 1 with bibs. The Columbia Galletin Wool jacket and bibs. Out of all my insulated gear the Drake stuff is by far the best!!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Insko View Post
    Haven't seen this show in particular, but can say with confidence that of all the duck hunting videos and TV shows I have seen, Avery has always blown apart the competition. In my opinion, they have by far the most respect for their sport, the best video footage, the best shooters, the best calling, the best in-close decoying, the best attention to detail and camoflauge... get the picture?
    Avery/Zink Calls/Greenhead Gear have taken waterfowling to a new level improving the sport we all love. If you haven't seen any of their videos/TV shows (they're partnered with Waterdog TV, and have seen them on episodes of DU TV), you're missing an extremely dedicated and professional group of ethical hunters.

I really like Zink Calls. But I think that the GHG full bodies geese are lacking in durability. I have a dz. of them and you really have to baby them so they don't get scratched, dinged or damaged. That is really hard to do....Seeing how most areas you can't just drive to and get set up here in AK like farm country USA. Usually here it requires quite a bit of walking/boating. I think I will go with Big Foots in the future to fit this bill.

I do think that Avery has done a wonderful job with realism though. When it comes to equipment/clothing I have no faves.... I go with reliable, affordable and easy to use.

PS: If anyone needs some GHG full body geese feet just p.m. me!

I have a dz of them. I took a jig saw to my full bodies. Made them in to GHG shells! Lighter and easier to use.
    Combat Vet by choice! Defender of this great nation and people (Which unfortunately also includes the stupid and the ignorant.)

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:_R_ZqAiK-e_U0M:<a href=http://hometeamsonline.com/photos/hockey/ARCTICLIONS/Ice_Puppies_Logo_Light_with_shading.jpg target=_blank rel=nofollow>http://hometeamsonline.com/photos/ho...th_shading.jpg</a>

Support Youth Hockey!
    http://www.hometeamsonline.com/teams...Y&s=hockey&t=c

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast