Thread: White Mountains Herd

Default White Mountains Herd

Anyone have any information on the white mountains herd. RC879 is a huge area and was curious if anyone has seen any of the herd in their travels either off the trails or off the road up to the Yukon River. Thanks

Big Foot, Lock Ness Monster, Swamp Thing, and the White Mountains Caribou. I have heard they exist, but know few who have seen them.

On a serious note while I was at the Fairbanks office of F&G I over heard the guy behind the counter telling an other hunter that he has only seen 4 animals taken from that herd since he has worked there.

Good Luck

Steve

Default white mountain caribou

unless you have a supercub on skis you might have a chance...........

On a side note, what is the herd of caribou that is located ~100 miles or more south of Coldfoot in the Finger Mountain area? Two years ago while driving south from a Haul Road hunt we had 4 of the biggest bulls I have ever seen walk out of the thick timber and across the road. By time I could pull my bow out of the back of my truck, they had disappeared into the timber. I was so unprepared, as I didn't realize there were caribou in that area. Anyhow, which herd is that?

I've seen Moose, Sheep, Bears, and Wolves, in the White Mountains. Never, never, never, seen Caribou.

Default Seen them

I've seen them but see the supercub comment above. I suppose you could raft to them with some research. Lots easier caribou to kill besides them.

Default caribou

pm me

mooseman