Thread: Trail Report Winter Park Cabins Wiilow AK. 12-5-07

Red face Trail Report Winter Park Cabins Wiilow AK. 12-5-07

OK! Now the lakes are finally solid, 6 to 9+inches of ice on all of them. Not much snow yet but people can't help but rip up the lakes! Only 2 inches does not make the trails very smooth. I was out today putting up some more signage and taking care of summer swamp buggy damage. IE. Big trees and boards we had to cut out of the trails where they got stuck, so they don't rip your tub out and kill you! I still have hours and hours to go replacing sign shot and rip down by summer ATV's and hunters.
    But right now is some of the best ATVing you can ever do!
    So from Winter Park Cabins and the Willow Trail Comm. pray for SNOW!!!!

I still have hours and hours to go replacing sign shot and rip down by summer ATV's and hunters.
    "I still have hours and hours to go replacing signs shot and ripped down by CRIMINALS."

Summer ATV'ers and fall hunters did not rip down and shoot your signs. The vast majority are the snowmobilers that you provide trails for. Lets not get into the same arguments about the mess CRIMINALS on sleds cause.

Thumbs down It cost fix these things

Well last spring the bullet holes were not in them! And I seen, 2 different times a man on a ATV ripping signs down! And found burned and shot up remains at 2 different hunters camps! So the way your saying it, ATVers and Hunters were criminals!!!
    Just my way of looking at it!!!!

Not trying to start anything really but how can you say this?

"Summer ATV'ers and fall hunters did not rip down and shoot your signs. The vast majority are the snowmobilers that you provide trails for. Lets not get into the same arguments about the mess CRIMINALS on sleds cause."

Were you there 24/7? I'm guessing not.

It could have been anyone, you can't say one or two groups did not do this unless you were there.

I'm leaning towards Trail Boss on this one since he was there and did the research.

Any group of people will do this. Depends on who is in the group at the time.

Let me reword this because mine was as clear as his......

Just because you are on an ATV'er doesn't make you an ATV'er.

Just because you are on a snowmobile does not mean you are a snowmobiler.

Just because you have a gun and are out in the woods doesn't make you a hunter.

Call a spade a spade...if you are on the trails and committing a crime you are a CRIMINAL.. regardless of the machine you use for access or the tool you use for vandalizing.

I still have hours and hours to go replacing sign shot and rip down by summer ATV's and hunters.
    I am flat out tired of reading and hearing sentences like this. The vast majority of hunters and ATV'ers in the summer are responsible users. You get the odd criminal now and then that messes things up, but they shouldn't wear the label of ATVer or hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Trail Boss View Post
    Well last spring the bullet holes were not in them! And I seen, 2 different times a man on a ATV ripping signs down! And found burned and shot up remains at 2 different hunters camps! So the way your saying it, ATVers and Hunters were criminals!!!
    Just my way of looking at it!!!!

If you saw a person ripping down your signs. Did you ask him why?

That would be great if you could catch them!