Thread: Proposal 62 & 63 Evidence of sex

Default Proposal 62 & 63 Evidence of sex

Both of these are attempting to eliminate the requirement for attached portions of external sex organs when taking big game animals that are restricted to one sex.

Any one against either of these?
    Last edited by tv321; 12-05-2007 at 08:20. Reason: improvements

Talking Evidence of Sex?

Are you sure this doesn't belong in the Alaska Airline thread?

Default I don't support those proposals

First off, I don't see why people are that concerned. If you are worried about contact with the meat, then there are things you can do to prevent it with relative ease.

The purpose for the regulation is to ensure that people are harvesting the meat of a bull when the taking of a bull is a requirement in the hunt area. There has been a practice in the past of people hunting way back from where they would normally hunt (miles back or up in the mountains) and taking a trophy bull. They would then just salvage the head/antlers and then go back and shoot a cow near camp. This way, if they got checked, they had meat to go along with the antlers and without judging the size of the pieces, you couldn't say it wasn't the same animal.

I think the regulation requiring the evidence of sex to remain attached is a simple rule that helps to make sure the hunter salvages the meat from the animal they shoot.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by anchskier View Post
    .....The purpose for the regulation is to ensure that people are harvesting the meat of a bull when the taking of a bull is a requirement in the hunt area. There has been a practice in the past of people hunting way back from where they would normally hunt (miles back or up in the mountains) and taking a trophy bull. They would then just salvage the head/antlers and then go back and shoot a cow near camp. This way, if they got checked, they had meat to go along with the antlers and without judging the size of the pieces, you couldn't say it wasn't the same animal......
    While I'm sure this may have happened at least once in Alaska's history, I find it difficult to believe that this is something that is such a threat that everybody has to deal with organs attached to meat in order to prevent.

Does anybody have any evidence of this happening before?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    While I'm sure this may have happened at least once in Alaska's history, I find it difficult to believe that this is something that is such a threat that everybody has to deal with organs attached to meat in order to prevent.

Does anybody have any evidence of this happening before?
    Mark; when something happens once it is time for a new law.

Default Need more info

The MATSU AC is addressing this on Jan 2nd and I need more feedback as to why this should pass or fail. Right now the vote (not a formal meeting) is 3 for and 6 opposed.

I have never contaminated my meat, but that doesn’t mean it won’t happen. If this gets accepted is this going to turn the honest hunter into a dishonest hunter? I think not!

The main reason for evidence of sex on moose was to stop the guys that were packing there spike fork rack that some one shot years ago and then claiming a cow or a sub-legal bull with that same set of horns....i say keep it in the regs.....

Quote Originally Posted by kingfisherktn View Post
    Are you sure this doesn't belong in the Alaska Airline thread?

Ha ha....Maybe F&G can give us a discount license for gay moose only.
    Combat Vet by choice! Defender of this great nation and people (Which unfortunately also includes the stupid and the ignorant.)

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:_R_ZqAiK-e_U0M:<a href=http://hometeamsonline.com/photos/hockey/ARCTICLIONS/Ice_Puppies_Logo_Light_with_shading.jpg target=_blank rel=nofollow>http://hometeamsonline.com/photos/ho...th_shading.jpg</a>

Support Youth Hockey!
    http://www.hometeamsonline.com/teams...Y&s=hockey&t=c