Thread: Talkeetna riding

Default Talkeetna riding

Would someone help me out with trail info around Talkeetna? I would like to do some riding there, where are the trailheads. Maybe around Bald Mtn, upper Montana Creek, Sheep Creek, etc. Appreciate any help- HH

Check out either Alaska Mountain Magic or the Trapper Creek Inn. Both have great maps that show you exactly where the trails are. Be aware, there isn't much snow up here and the water bodies aren't frozen at all. You might be able to do some riding around the Forks Roadhouse, on Petersville Rd, otherwise, I'd give it a bit of time for some more snow!!!

Zilch for snow around here. There are really only two access points to the Talkeentna Mtns. off of the Talkeetna Spur Rd. Neither are marked and neither are the trails. You can stop in at my store, Moores' Hardware (ask for Doug)..first place on the left after you turn onto the Talkeetna Spur Rd. and I can point you in the right direction..or you can stop at the local Arctic Cat dealer, Alaska Mountain Magic, about 1 miles south of the Talkeetna Jct.

I would wait for more snow.. it sucks right now.