Thread: Pristine Ventures Moose Hunts

Default Pristine Ventures Moose Hunts

Just wondering if any one has used Larry Bartlett of Pristine Ventures for a moose float hunt or know of any one that has. I am looking to use him for a 08 moose float hunt and am looking for any feedback on him and his services.

Do a search of the forums. Lots of members have used him, and I've read generally positive reports.

Default Go With Larry

Be honest with him, tell him what you expect and he will do you right. Honest, good man, and quick to follow up with you... Not many people around like Larry, he works for you...

My boys and I used Larry's services in 2006 and have booked another hunt with him for 2008. He does a bang-up job. The materials suppled were accurate; the equipment provided was perfect; and the flight services he arranged could not have been better. You cannot go wrong using Pristine Ventures, IMHO.

Thumbs up Great Choice!

I have done business with Larry "B" in the past also, and he is an awsome guy to do business with. He returns your calls or e-mails immediately, he will go that extra mile to get you what you expect, and he is probably the most experienced float hunter/or one of the most experienced float hunters in Alaska. He will provide you with the top notch equipment needed for an awsome Alaskan hunting experience, and he will ensure you have what you need to be successful. The rest is obviously up to you. He is a true hunter working for hunters. He immediately relates with you and what you are out to accomplish. He knows what it takes to be successful in the Alaskan wilderness, and will pass the necessary knowledge and tools off to his clients. I am sure you will find plenty of positive references on this forum. He has some awsome video's out also that I recommend you find and purchase for your viewing pleasure. They are jam packed with info that will familiarize you with the challenges you may face here in Alaska, and better prepare you for your hunt before you even get on the ground up here. You can find them on his web site. Hope this helps! Good luck and have a great hunt!
    Be safe, and enjoy your time outdoors!
    Mountain Man

"I'm not here for a long time! I'm here for a good time!!!!!!!!!!!"

Thumbs up Pristine Ventures

Larry is the real deal I have used him for the last 4 years. I have never had a problem with him or any of the arrangements he made on my behalf . THIS GUY KNOWS HIS STUFF! You will be hard pressed to find anyone who will talk bad about him he just simply does what he says.
    In the 4 yrs I have used him game taken 2 moose over 60" , 5 caribou , 1 wolf, passed on many more of everything including wolverine. Oh yea did I tell you I re booked for 08. If you need any info feel free to pm me

good luck & have sum fun
    Last edited by jeff p; 12-04-2007 at 18:33. Reason: typo

Wink Real Deal

If your not a local or been up here a few times, Larry is a great way to go. There are a few services like his, but his for the most part is the benchmark. A few might disagree with me, but thats my two cents.

Terry

Default Thanks Guys

Thanks for the added confidence to help make my decision on a moose hunt for 08 guys. I really have'nt heard anything about Larry that is negative. I have probably talked to 20 different guys about his services and all were on the positive side. You guys have pretty much just helped me make up my mind and I will be writing my next email to Larry confiming or reservations for the 08 moose season. Thanks for the advice on Larry and Pristine Ventures.

For the guys that have used Larry in the past for a moose float hunt is there anything that you would reccommend a guy should bring or have in the bush for the hunt???

Default Go for it

I was on a caribou float with Larry and know several people who have done moose floats using his services. All have been repeat customers and have nothing but good recommendations for him. I would not hesitate to use his planning service in the future. Be sure to tell him your expectations and limitations, and he will tailor a trip to fit your needs.

Default what to bring

For the guys that have used Larry in the past for a moose float hunt is there anything that you would reccommend a guy should bring or have in the bush for the hunt???[/QUOTE]

Yes you should def bring a good strong guy to carry your moose for you!

The one thing I can recommend is to bring real food, not Mountain House or MRE's or anything like that. Just pre-cook your food ahead of time and you'll be smiling the whole trip. I've done 2 floats using his service and both were incredible trips. I'll be using him again for another caribou hunt in '09.

I have heard from several people that you should bring a Sat. phone out with you. I really would like to get away from the **** phone for a couple of weeks and have some peace and quiet. I know that it won't be ringing off the hook. But should you carry one for saftey?

Default Larrys float hunts

I went on a moose float using Barletts service last year, it was a wise investment. I will use Larry again for my next trip to alaska. I took a sat phone for communication with our air charter. It came in handy we got weathered in for three extra days. We could call in to see if pilots were flying, and give a weather report at our location which was a 100+ miles away. At times our weather was clear enough for air travel, but the air charter was fogged in. It was also nice to repot home letting them know we were going to be late. If **** does hit the fan on the trip the phone is always a nice way to get help.

I agree on the sat phone.
    Leave it turned off until you need it.
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

How much does a sat phone usually run to rent one?

Default Surveyor's Exchange

Quote Originally Posted by Bitterroot View Post
    How much does a sat phone usually run to rent one?
    I would give Greg at Surveyor's Exchange a call. He's got 'em, but you need to get your name on one ASAP. Dunno if you'll be in Anchorage though- I think a lot of LB's hunts are north of Fairbanks. Check it out: HERE'S THE LINK. Get the Motorola Irridium phone. It has better coverage than the Globalstar system.

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Something else to think about is renting it in Fairbanks if you happen to fly out of there. That's what I do anytime I do a float hunt based out of Fairbanks. Just tell Larry you want one and he'll make sure you have one reserved. I second the iridium phone also. They usually run anywhere between $90-$110 a week plus whatever minutes you use. Money well spent IMO.

Default surveyors-exchange

They have an outlet in Fairbanks so you are pretty much gtg