Thread: Moose on the Yukon

Default Moose on the Yukon

I am planning a fall moose hunt in 08' on the Yukon with my jet boat. Can someone recommend the best week to go? I was currently planning on going the week following Labor Day, but a guide I talked to said I may want to go a week or two later when they are moving more and they are easier to call. Any suggestions? Thanks if you can.
    Hike faster. I hear banjo music.

The guide was correct.

I don't show up til the 15th if possible and hunt til it closes. If your taking your jetboat you are either hoping to draw a tag or cutting antlers if your going very far.

It's a great trip but the later the better and look toward the North side of the river for the bulls coming down off the mountains to cross.

Default When to hunt

I was told by a fish cop who was also an avid moose hunter "I would trade the entire rest of the season for the last three days."

Default Eagle

I was planning to put in at Eagle, I don't know if that gives any insight.

Are you planning to hunt the Koyukuk controlled use area?
    Tennessee

Default Koyukuk controlled use area

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwolfe View Post
    Are you planning to hunt the Koyukuk controlled use area?
    Ok, from what I can tell, that's about a ten mile stretch of the river on the North Side? (According to the map). I am just planning the trip now, and I've never been there so I'm simply in the gathering of information stage right now. Is the Koyukuk controlled use area special as far as regulations?