Thread: Indian Creek Area Regs???

Default Indian Creek Area Regs???

Does anyone know if the powerline pass trail starting in Indian Creek is open to hunting ptarmagain and grouse with a shotgun? Has anyone seen birds here?

I was looking at the regs and it looks open, I can't quite tell with the map from the regs. Thanks in advance.

Default Supplement

There is a small game supplement you have to pick up at fish and game for 14c now. It breaks it down to what you need. If its available online, I couldn't find it. Went to the office and they have a bunch.

Powerline pass is open to falconry only, Indian Creek is part of "remainder of chugach state park" and is open I believe.
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

http://www.wildlife.alaska.gov/regul...pdfs/gmu14.pdf

The way I read the regs, anything south of Rainbow Creek drainage on the Seward Highway is Area 5. Chugach State Park management area, and is open to hunting small game. The line dividing area 3 and 5 clearly lies just past the headwaters of South and North Fork Campbell Creek, so it looks to me like Indian Valley is perfectly fine for small game.

That being said, I have been in Indian Valley many times and have never seen a grouse, ptarmigan, or rabbit.

Quote Originally Posted by asrjb25 View Post
    http://www.wildlife.alaska.gov/regul...pdfs/gmu14.pdf

The way I read the regs, anything south of Rainbow Creek drainage on the Seward Highway is Area 5. Chugach State Park management area, and is open to hunting small game. The line dividing area 3 and 5 clearly lies just past the headwaters of South and North Fork Campbell Creek, so it looks to me like Indian Valley is perfectly fine for small game.

That being said, I have been in Indian Valley many times and have never seen a grouse, ptarmigan, or rabbit.
    I was just planning on a quick half day hike their with my two dogs, close to town, and if I happen to see an unlucky critter along the way, I guess it will be my lucky day, just want to make sure I'm legal.

Default That's not a small game supplement

I am holding it in my hand and it breaks it all down very well. You should probably have one if you are planning to hunt the anchorage bowl at all. The overall map in the regs isn't much help and it says jack about the season dates.
    Or you can roll the dice.