Thread: Snowshoes recommendation for Mom

Default Snowshoes recommendation for Mom

I drew my mother for the annual gift exchange and the word on the street is she would like a pair of snowshoes. What would you guys/gals suggest for a mid 60's woman? I would guess that she will not be doing much, if any deep powder shoeing, mostly around their cabin down in MT.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Thanks, Brian. I like the looks of the first pair, but she is weighs about 160, so they are probably out. I will probably head down to REI and see what they have, too.

Mom is getting a pair of Atlas 9 series in 25" length. The Elektra 9 series is the woman's model, but she liked the 25" instead of the 23 or 27 inch Elektra. She has also never been a big fan of the color schemes most woman's products come in The 25" 9 series was $134 at Beaver sports last weekend. I also highly recommend a set of poles. I prefer the cam lock adjustable type, but a cheap set of 'garage sale' ski poles do the trick too.

Mod Elan,

Thanks for the info. I am currently looking at these from REI: http://www.rei.com/product/759935

I can order them on line and have them shipped directly to her. If they are not what she wants, she can return them to the local REI in Missoula. I will look at the Atlas from Sportie Warehouse, too. I just don't want to wait in line at the post office. She is an avid cross country skier and has poles already. In fact both of my folks even use trekking poles walking during the snowless months.