Thread: refinishing my barrel??

Default refinishing my barrel??

I have a Ruger P90 in the "stainless" finish. I would like to have the barrel re-finished with something a little more rust-resistant, as the riflings keep trying to rust on me. I'm looking for something more glock-like in the rust-resistant devision than the current (original) finish. Can I have the barrel chromed?? I had heard about something else that guys had done to 1911's...duracoat?? Would this be a option??

If so, does anyone know of a place in town that does this sort of thing, and what the price would roughly be??

Thanks,

Jon

Default Black T

I had my 1911 refinished in Black T. It is completely Corrosion proof and looks great. It also slicks up the gun since the action parts are also coated. The guy who does it is Mr. Birdsong I think in Texas. You would have to look him up on the internet. I don't know if it works on SS.

Good Luck
    Last edited by t-w-t; 12-03-2007 at 05:52. Reason: add comment

Spray-in truck bed liner?

Mark

Do it yourself DuraCoat firearms finishes.

Quote Originally Posted by akhunter3 View Post
    I have a Ruger P90 in the "stainless" finish. I would like to have the barrel re-finished with something a little more rust-resistant, as the riflings keep trying to rust on me.
    I second what Mark suggested (DURACOAT). A friend purchased the kit and we both did a couple of guns. It worked great. This will only protect the outside of the barrel, though. Not sure that their is a way to further protect the stainless riflings.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.