Thread: S&W M22A budget pistol

Default S&W M22A budget pistol

I am building a budget bird and bunny buster. I have picked up a .22 M22a pistol and am trying to set it up as cheap as possible. I am looking for a red dot scope and a scope holster. Any recomendations you have on makes models of these is apreciated (and where to buy). Also willing to hear anyone elses ideas of diferent ways to take this little pistol. The goal is as cheap as possible but still comfortable, fun, effective! Thanks. Also wanting to hear from others who have found ammo that this finicky little beast likes to eat...

I have been undecided on which Red Dot sight to purchase. After doing much research then seeing Brownells had the Trijicon Red Dot on sale, I ordered one. The sale may be off now but if you have a FFL (dealer or C&R) you get a discount to the same price.
    http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/sto...00-031&s=50484

892-000-031 #MS03 TRIJICON RED DOT SIGHT 8MOA

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    I am building a budget bird and bunny buster. I have picked up a .22 M22a pistol and am trying to set it up as cheap as possible. I am looking for a red dot scope and a scope holster. Any recomendations you have on makes models of these is apreciated (and where to buy). Also willing to hear anyone elses ideas of diferent ways to take this little pistol. The goal is as cheap as possible but still comfortable, fun, effective! Thanks. Also wanting to hear from others who have found ammo that this finicky little beast likes to eat...
    Larry's Guns has the ultra dot for $125 delivered...comes with rings
    they sure hold up target use
    I have 4 on my target guns and most of the pistol shooters up here use them....many on 45's. attached to the slide, so they recoil;

and on the various 22's people shoot.