Thread: Trailering a Rhino

Default Trailering a Rhino

What are you guys using to trailer a Rhino? I take it a standard two-place tilt snowmachine trailer won't do the job. Will it fit on a two place drive on, drive off trailer? How well does it ride on the trailer? Any issues with loading and unloading?

Tim

I load mine in the back of my long bed pickup truck, I even use those tri-fold atv ramps. It works but it's bending the ramps and also bending the tie down points in my bed. If you are dead set on using a trailer I'm sure any trailer the machine will fit on and is rated for the weight of the Rhino will do just fine.

If it will fit in the back of a pickup then it should fit on a 2 place trailer easily, they are generally 10ft long by 8 ft wide.

Back of the truck! Dang, I guess I didn' think it would fit. Any issues unloading it from the back of the truck? Some reason I thought the Rhinos were much bigger than a wheeler.

Tim

I wouldn't put the Rhino in a truck unless it was a long bed. A six footer will leave the tires on the tailgate, and that's a lot of pressure. If you have stock tires the machine will squeeze between the wheel wells, oversized tires you might have to climb over one of the wheel wells. I've done it many times. It's not too difficult but challenging when half of the machine is still hanging over the edge of the tailgate. Make sure your ramps are sturdy and make darn sure they are secured to the hitch hooks with a good set of rachet straps. Some ramps already come with the straps. Also use your truck ebrake when loading, the truck will move quite a bit and you don't want the ramps to fall off the tailgate. I put a couple of 2x4's in the front of the bed to stop the tires before the bumper has a chance to break out my back windsheild.

Oh yah, and strap her down good with a couple of beefy straps.

Default 2 place

the dry weight is only 1049. you should be fine with a 2 place trailer. i know this sounds stupid but i pulled a polaris ranger 6x6 loaded down fairly heavy quite a few times with a 2 place sledbed, with a 88 toyota pickup. sure you are in 2nd gear going up the hills but hey you still get there just the same.

2 place trailer is more than enough. I've had my old Ranger (1500 lbs) and a Trail RMK on the two place with no problems. The two machines put the weight right at the maximum, but the trailer carried it well.