Thread: When is the Wasilla gunshow?

Default When is the Wasilla gunshow?

When is the gunshow in Wasilla taking place? Thanks, Chris....

Default Wasilla Gunshow

19/20 Jan at the high school.

Right on, that one is the best usually

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

Hooooooo Mommmma! Yep, that is the good one........wont find many "beanie babies" and other useless crap being sold there. Unlike the Anchorage shows. The Palmer shows are OK, but this last one didnt seem to have nearly the amount of stuff as in the past? Maybe it was just me? How about the Soldotna gun show? Is it worth the drive?
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

Quote Originally Posted by Alangaq View Post
    Hooooooo Mommmma! Yep, that is the good one........wont find many "beanie babies" and other useless crap being sold there. Unlike the Anchorage shows. The Palmer shows are OK, but this last one didnt seem to have nearly the amount of stuff as in the past? Maybe it was just me? How about the Soldotna gun show? Is it worth the drive?
    I wen't to the last fairground gunshow....I kept looking for the gold inlays in the guns that the prices reflected but never did find it. You would think some of them were hamer forged by Sam Colt himself!

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

Yes LuJon, aint that about the truth! I did come home with a rifle (Pre cross bolt safety Win Big bore 94 in 375 win) for a fair price.......not a steal....... but fair. But for the first time in years I did not have to make a choice on which gun I would be buying. I always budget myself for about $700 and that equates to one rifle and (usually) several hundred bucks worth of "stuff" for reloading or bullet casting, optics etc. But this time around I actually came home with nearly half my cash............made the wife happy, but frankly I was a bit disapointed. I had four or five guns in mind when I showed up, but I will be darned If I could find any of them...... that 375 was the only one. And its not like I am a picky kind of gun collector, heck all I want is a marlin in 35 remington, a Browning BLR in 358, or a savage 99 in 300 savage (yep, its a lever gun kind of thing) but I did not see a single one......... not ones that were out of my price range mind you, but NONE to even look at?! If you were a classless looser with no taste in pretty rifles and were shopping for an -06 or 338 in an ugly plastic stock with a hidious stainless barrel, and were willing to let go of $500 you would have had a great time! I know that last part just offended about a million gun owners.........and I am kidding of course......plastic is PRETTY OK, I said I was kidding......Geeeze! But seriously, I was rather disapointed........ Sure hope Wassila maintains its high standard as the gun show to go to!
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

Who is the contact for the Wasilla show? I'm ready to clear a bunch of stuff out of the closet.

Default Contact...

Tracy Bragg, kbragg@mtaonline.net , 376-7972.

This info from the Hockey Boosters web page.