Thread: Anyone know "Sea Air" out of King Salmon?

Default Anyone know "Sea Air" out of King Salmon?

Looking for contact information for Sea Air in King Salmon...Haven't had any luck finding an air charter by that name...Maybe I have it wrong?

How old is the information? If you're looking for Sea Airmotive they went out of business a couple of years ago.

Default Seahawk Air

Could you possibly be looking for Seahawk Air? They are in Kodiak and fly to some areas out of King Salmon.

"C" air use to be in business but their gone.

Default King Salmon

Would be no choice but to go with Mike of Alaska Bush Sports? Great Moose, and Bear Hunting, Bou is way down.

Terry

Default King salmon

A few of the old timers in King salmon that I have used several times is ..Van Hartley ... Branch river Air... he flies Beavers on floats.
    and for wheel plane service and also for Helicopter service.. Use Egli Air haul... Sam Egli is a great guy with one of the best kept hangers on the planet. Last May I stopped in for a visit and to fuel the Cub from a spring trip over that way, and he offered me a complimentary Chopper ride. Although you cannot use Helicopters for hunting purposes, You can fish from one, and he offers fly outs to those that want to fish streams seldom if ever fished by anyone.
    King Salmon is a good jumping point for many of the fishing and hunting.
    Due to the rise in Fuel prices and the cost of insurance and operating expenses for pilots, The cost of flight time has increased. In September I was over at both King Salmon, Dillingham, Port Alsworth and Illiamna. Fuel at that time was just under $6.00 per gallon for AvGas.. I am sure it is more than that now... My point being..... Add a half hour flght time to your drop off, or pickup, and you can add $600.00 to your Bush pilot bill for a Beaver type aircraft..
    Anouther point to consider is whether your Bush plane operator will charge you for the plane by the hour, or by the person.....
    I have found that I usually get a better deal when I charter the plane by the hour instead of going with the per person rates....
    One of my friend bush pilots works for an operation all summer flying bear viewing into a part of the Katmai... They charge each person a set seat price for the trip.. when you put 5 people in the plane at the per seat price, they make tremendous money as aposed to the renting the plane by the hour rate,,, infact,, one operator here on the kenai refuses to rent his plane by the hour anymore,, all his prices are per seat price... this way he makes almost double of what he would make at the plane per hour rate others charge for the same size of payload plane..
    My whole point being that most times the largest expense for my float trips is the cost of the bush plane, and so I work hard to get the best bang for my buck.....
    Oh yeah.. as a side note.... If you get the chance to visit Illiamna anytime soon.. you will see enormous activity in that area.. by this I mean... Roads being built, Large buildings going up.. Roads getting paved, homes going up, and the Helicopter traffic is amazing... We waited for 1 helicopter and a plane to fuel up before we could get to the pump, and as we waited 2 more helicopters landed to fuel up..........
    I wonder what is going on over there with all that activity?????
    It looks to me like something really big is happening over that way...
    Its like someone found super large deposits of precious metals ore.... or something..................
    I was talking to a fellow in the building where you pay for fuel, and he said that Barbara Streisand and company better pony up some bigger bucks if they are ever going to stop this Peeble mine from happening..
    Its just a matter of Money and time.... He said though that if a guy wanted to make a few bucks.. He should start an Anti Peeble mine group and play on the emotions of people by telling city folks that Peeble is bad for the enviroment and that it needs to be stopped,, and If it is not stopped all life in the Nushagak drainage will be gone......
    Now that is a good way to make easy money,, put on a green shirt,, wear an Anti Peeble sticker on your shirt pocket and ask for donations to your cause,, then contribute 10% or less to the actual cause and pocket the rest for administration fee's..
    Just an idea...
    I wonder if anyone else is considering doing such a thing???
    Max
    Max
    When you come to a fork in the trail, take it!

Rentals for Canoes, Kayaks, Rafts, boats serving the Kenai canoe trail system and the Kenai river for over 15 years. www.alaskacanoetrips.com

Default C Air Contact Info

Don't think he is out of business, but could be wrong. Would have been extremely recent if he's out of business. He's a very good dude with some great places he drops. Runs A+ equipment and been flying there a long time and works some great hunting areas.

From an ad:
    "C-Air PO Box 82 King Salmon, AK 99613 Tel. (907) 246-6318 Fax. (907) 688-3969 Email flycair@alaskalife.net Fly out Fishing, Hunting, Rafting, Flightseeing, Katmai National Park, Bear Viewing, Brooks Camp, Camping, Valley of 10,000 Smokes, Custom Air Charters, Photography, Becherof Wildlife Refuge, Alaska Peninsula, Call/Write."

call me ...907-301-6062
    I know Ceicel...
    JOe

It's C-Air , stands for Cecil, and he operates here in the summer flying on floats to Katmai and he does some drop offs for moose and bear, as well as sight seeing. He lives in town pushing snow off the runway on base in the winter. PM me if you want to get in touch with him