Thread: Anyone have a friend or family that guides????

Default Anyone have a friend or family that guides????

Looking to give a fellow AOD member some buisness this summer. In laws will be in town in early July. Looking to book a king charter on the Kenai and two days of halibut fishing out of Ninilchick/deep creek area. Want to keep Alaskan guides at the top of the list. Thanks for any replys here.
    Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by motorboatn View Post
    Looking to give a fellow AOD member some buisness this summer. In laws will be in town in early July. Looking to book a king charter on the Kenai and two days of halibut fishing out of Ninilchick/deep creek area. Want to keep Alaskan guides at the top of the list. Thanks for any replys here.
    Try Chihuly's Charters @ 567-3374 in Ninilchik for halibut & salmon combo trips. They were one of the first guides to pioneer halibut fishing out of Deep Creek back in the 80's.

Yukon guides on the Kenai River.

I do upon request, my best friend also guides but neither of us guide the kenai, or for kings for that matter. All I can reccomend is captain mikes in homer
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

The only one I personaly know is Scott Eggemeyer. He does the Kenai but not halibut. His web site is http://www.bearpawdrifters.com/ he is a great guy to gish with.

For Kings I use Bo's Charters in Soldotna (www.boknowsfishing.com) - he also does halibut charters out of Deep Creek.

For runs out of Homer I use Alaska Excursion Adventures (Sorry Charlie Charters) www.alaskaexcursion.com. I've used both these businesses for years when fishing with customers and have NEVER been disappointed. Great services, fantastic equipment, and genuinely good folks. Knowledgeable about their craft too . . .

Cheers,

SH

Default Thanks guys

I will be setting dates soon. I have found what I need. Thanks again.
    Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Thumbs up One for the Kenai

Call Andrew with Kenai River Fly Fishing, website is www.krff.com. He is a good friend of mine and we fish regularly together. He has two guides that mostly do the upper kenai. There # is 907-595-5733. They used to own the tackle shop right there in Cooper Landing but now only run a guide business. They use 22' metal drift boats. Andy is the one who taught me how to fish the river there.

Steve

Default DNM Charters

I have fished with this guy several times and he has a great setup at the top of the hill overlooking the Deep Creek launch. He has an rv site, cabin rentals, full bathroom with showers and porta pots. He even has an espresso coffee stand. He usually gets moving around the middle of May and not sure when he quites. You just hop in one of his boats and one of his charter captains hauls you down to the launch pulling the boat. Then the log skidder hooks up and backs you in and in an hour or so you will be either king or halibut fishing.

My avatar was taken a couple of years ago at Deep Creek with DNM when I took my dad and brother from PA out fishing. there were only 4 of us on the boat just like we had this past May.

I can't say you will catch monster halibut but you will catch a few bigger ones if you are in the right place at the right time but definetly will come home with your limit.

Look him up at http://www.dnmcharters.com/

Chihuly's Charters is also good, I know people that only go out with him excluisively and catch fish. Just have to see what you can get for what you want to spend and when you are coming. Most offer discounts for full boats and early or sport show bookings.