Thread: TSX: South Mississippi Buck

Default TSX: South Mississippi Buck

Well, I finally had a day where I could go and hunt for about four hours with out my little noise making buddy (Jordan my grandson who lost a shot at a buck Saturday because he was moving to much). I was anxious to try the 180gr TSX that I am pushing on the average 3287fps. Well, after four hours and ten minutes at 5:10pm this six point steps out. I could not tell if he was a six point or what. On our lease of 5,500 acres a buck has to be at least a six point. Well after six minutes of looking him over he finally turn and I could see that he was a six point. Our bucks down here run from 120pounds to 210 being the largest we have killed on our lease. This one's live weight was 142 pounds. I was sighted in at 3" high at 100yds to make my long shots but this one was only 101yds. I aimed a little to high and all most shot over his back, the bullet hitting just behind the shoulders about 2" below the top of his back. The TSX made a small hole going in and like a tunnel digger cut a .50 cent size perfect hole right through the back bone. Then it exited out the other side leaving a perfectly round hole the size of a golf ball. I put one right in the hole to see and it fit perfect. I know that no petal broke off the TSX because it is like a surgeon took a knife and cut out a perfectly round hole cutting out the skin and hair where the TSX excited. Needless to say with still 3846ft pounds of energy left it slammed him to the ground and it was all over.

Fifteen deer were dropped in 4 days and 7 with the TSX. I got the guys to handload and try them. Closest shot was 60yds the longest being 267yds and all one shot kills and only one ran while all the rest dropped right where they were shot. The only one that ran was 30yds and it was shot by a 260 and his shot was right where it was suppose to go. So far all the shots were placed better than mine. My 300WBY smokin like it does made up the margin for me.

Here are my favorite people and our camp site at the lease.

Jordan, Tori and Aley my grand children

The best two hunting partners a man ever had, Nancy my wife and Jordan

Me, my 300WBY

The deer
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

You sure you got enough gun there? You see I love animals,

IN MY BELLY!

Quote Originally Posted by AKGUPPY View Post
    You sure you got enough gun there? You see I love animals,

IN MY BELLY!
    AKGUPPY, yea it was enough and a very humane kill and I like to make sure what I shot has been dispatched quickly.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS