Thread: sled weights anyone?

Default sled weights anyone?

anyone know a link for finding sled weights (wet or dry), in the late 90's or early 2000 models? preferably the RMK's and Summit models...

while I'm at it, fuel economy stats would also be helpful...

thanks.

my 2001 mountain cat 800 with a 151" track and 1 gallon of fuel weighed in at 560. thats a running weight. but i tend not to get too crazy about worrying about weights because by the time you throw your gear on and your chunky self cets on the sled. oh yeah then after you carve threw the wet powder and you have 40 pounds of snow on the sled all those weights are out the door, at least in my book. i have not gotten to run my sled and see what kind of fuel mileage i get though. vance

My 03 rmk 144 is supposed to weight right around 500 dry.

99 powder special 600 136x2 509lbs dry

those dry weights that the manufactures give are pretty useless as they tend to be on the light side. weigh them running and youll be surprised what it comes out at.

You are going to find that dry weights for a mountain sled with a 136 in those time frames are going to run right aroung 500#. Wet weights are going to be pushing 600#.

My '98 SummitX 670 weighed about 20# less than my bro's 1998 RMK 700 but the sleds were dead near equal on the mountain.

Fuel economy is never quoted for sleds. Proper jetting and snow conditions result in HUGE fuel burn differences. My Summit X gets the best fuel consumption of any 700 class sled I have been around. Unfortunately the ton of quirks you need to learn about a Summit X 670 to make it run right make the RMK 700 a better choice. In 2000 with the Summit 700 release the two brands were just about dead equal.

I had a day in Turnagain that my SummitX burned 10 gallons and went a whopping 36 miles...every sled out there that day burned the same amount. The snow depth was insane. The next day in Lost Lake I got 40 miles out of a tank. You were either turning 8 grand or you were sinking. On a hard pack trail the same SummitX will get almost 120 miles out of a tank

Default thanks!

thanks for the info... looks like I'll be shopping around for either the RMK or Summit in the 600-700 class, whichever I can find for a good deal.

are there any particular model years to stay away from?