Thread: New 2008 Bows

Default New 2008 Bows

So, I see that Mathews has come out with their new bows. Does this mean that the others are releasing theirs as well?

I told myself this summer that I was going to start bow shooting this fall/winter for hunting next fall. But then I started looking, and everyone said "Hey the new bows will be out soon, you should wait." That's what I did, and now they're here! I am pretty stoked about a trip to Fletchers and Back Country.

You may as well stop in at The Archer's Den while you're at it. They don't carry Matthews, but they have Kodiak and Bowtech bows, both of which have recieved great reviews on the forums. I'm looking to buy soon as well, and Fletchers and The Archer's Den will be my first two stops.

Default Archer's Den

Thanks Brian for mentioning them. I forgot they had opened. I'll definitely stop there and try out a few bows.

I was planning on doing a bunch of shooting there this winter, anyways.

Let the brand wars begin! I'm a Bowtech snob and think they have a stong line-up for '08, but I've only shot the Guardian. If you go with a Mathews, you can save some money with a 2007 or even a used bow as the '08 IMO are a yawner of a bunch - new price with very little change! The 2007 Hoyt Vectrix is also a dandy and can save you dough; I believe it is discountinued. Also look at the PSE X-Force as they are smoking fast and a good value in a 2007 or 2008 model! Lots of new stuff just starting to hit the shelves and my shoulder is already hurting!

Wyatt

Thumbs up Good Idea

Quote Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
    Let the brand wars begin! I'm a Bowtech snob and think they have a stong line-up for '08, but I've only shot the Guardian. If you go with a Mathews, you can save some money with a 2007 or even a used bow as the '08 IMO are a yawner of a bunch - new price with very little change! The 2007 Hoyt Vectrix is also a dandy and can save you dough; I believe it is discountinued. Also look at the PSE X-Force as they are smoking fast and a good value in a 2007 or 2008 model! Lots of new stuff just starting to hit the shelves and my shoulder is already hurting!

Wyatt
    There is nothing wrong in trying to get a deal on an '07 model. My buddy just bought an '07 Vetrix at cost...heck of a deal he got.

Wyatt

Lest not and say I did.Mathews Came out with three new bows .The drenaline Ld DXT and the S2 The DXT is 322 The Ld is 315 and the S2 Is 318

Default Diamond Marquis

I just got a 2008 Diamond Marquis and really like it. Its replacing my older Kodiak KO32, which I also love. I really like the Kodiak Bows, I just decided to try something different and liked the longer Axel to Axel of the Marquis. Built in string suppresser and roller guard are also pretty cool. Anyway I got a great deal on it through Archerytalk.com. The guy I bought it from had purchased it and a X-force at the some time and ended up like the X-force better. He said he'd shot 50 arrows through it and it looks brand new. I saved $250 bucks off the retail price.

Mathwes will come out with a couple more bow in 08. They usually release them during the ATC
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Wyatt
    Very strong Wyatt! Can you say 101st airborne?

Quote Originally Posted by 1CRAZY1 View Post
    Very strong Wyatt! Can you say 101st airborne?
    No but I can say 82nd!

No but I can say 82nd!
    Sounds good!

Default Mathews

I see mathews came back out with the S2 their standard thicker and V-lock limbs, looks like the ole' 2005 Switchback...Hmmmm, makes me wonder about those new thin limbs. Looks like I'm stickin' with my '05 Switchback. ..Its still quiet, still has the speed, and it still closes the deal for me....CK

2 months ago shot drenalin and switchback liked them both bowtech came out with there 2008 line read about them and last sunday shot "the general" @ Archers Den. and bought it..... they took good care of me there
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

Default waiting....

Once the 08s came out the 07s drop in $ big time, I want a DXT bad but im going to wait for the price to go down, 07 Drenalins are going for 600$ here and there. I shoot Bowtech now and will keep it as a back up I was looking at the Allegiance and Tribute but..the DXT feels like it was made for me.